What should you be aware of before installing Screencastify on your computer?
As soon as I launched my Chrome web browser, I’ve apparently noticed the fact that someone has used my computer without my permission. Then by now you should have already noticed various online deals pop up. Thus, it is not surprising that we advise you to Screencastify it just like any of its counterparts. In addition, you should keep in mind that you have to be very careful with its search results because they may be altered. default-search.net. If you have no idea where to start, you can use the instructions below the text to guide you. Beware that this may happen either with or without your approval.
Screencastify virus is one of those programs that replaces your homepage and search provider without asking your permission and takes control over your browsing. Screencastify itself has been mainly published in order to help computer users save videos from the majority of websites, for instance, YouTube, GuitarWorld, ClipsMusic, and similar websites. We recommend scanning your computer with a reputable anti-malware program, like Anti-Malware Tool or StopZilla. Remember, this infection, just like Ievbz.com, These changes, even though seemingly irrelevant, will affect your whole online experience in a negative way. That’s because Screencastify toolbar is commonly distributed using ‘bundling’, i.e. This alternative is called software bundling.
What issues should I expect if Screencastify hijacker has already settled down on my web browser?
In order to eliminate Screencastify redirect virus/browser hijacker, forget about manual removal method. In fact, this program is more annoying than dangerous, but that does not mean you can ignore it. Screencastify virus can also get access to your private information, including your passwords and this interferes into your security. Fortunately, it’s not difficult to do that. Screencastify involves a lot of commercial links in your search results which may not even always be relevant to your search query. The PUP creators hide information about these optional programs in the advanced settings and through these settings only can the additional installation options be monitored and managed. In quite a few cases just entering a site that has this particular exploit will trigger a silent installation of some unknown malicious program.
Below you will find our step-by-step instructions on how to uninstall the Screencastify and restore your browser settings. Go to In addition, you should know that the program may collect information about users’ browsing routine. Look for anything related to Screencastify or Screencastify toolbar on a list of programs and click of Uninstall/Change button next to it. To remove This hijacker runs a process called Screencastify.exe through which it can operate. Although it is highly unlikely that you will need to Screencastify any leftovers, we recommend removing the cookies that could have been installed onto your Chrome browser.
Ways to remove this PUP from your system:
Screencastify is promoted just like any other potentially unwanted program or a browser hijacker. Open your browser. If you have never experienced such computer problems before, and if you do not know what is the right way to remove browser hijackers, take a look at Screencastify removal guide, which is presented below this article. Uninstalling the program from your computer doesn’t change your search providers. All things considered, Screencastify poses a significant threat to your computer’s security, so, to be on the safe side of things, we recommend that you Screencastify it and replace it with a legitimate search engine.
- Integrates into the web browser via the Screencastify browser extension
- Screencastify Deactivates Installed Security Software.
- Installs itself without permissions
- Steals or uses your Confidential Data
- Screencastify Shows commercial adverts
- Changes user's homepage
- Distributes itself through pay-per-install or is bundled with third-party software.
Screencastify effected Windows OS versions
- Windows 8 22%
- Windows 7 33%
- Windows Vista 8%
- Windows XP 37%
Warning, multiple anti-virus scanners have detected possible malware in Screencastify.
|VIPRE Antivirus||22702||Wajam (fs)|
|K7 AntiVirus||9.179.12403||Unwanted-Program ( 00454f261 )|
Remove Screencastify from Windows
Remove Screencastify from Windows XP:
- Drag mouse cursor to the left of the Task Bar and click Start to open a menu.
- Open the Control Panel and double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- Remove the undesirable application.
Remove Screencastify from Windows Vista or Windows 7:
- Click the Start menu icon on the Task Bar and select Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program and locate the undesirable application
- Right-click the application you want to delete and select Uninstall.
Remove Screencastify from Windows 8:
- Right-click on the Metro UI screen, select All apps and then Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program and right-click the application you want to delete.
- Select Uninstall.
Remove Screencastify from Your Browsers
Remove Screencastify from Internet Explorer
- Go for Alt+T and click on Internet Options.
- In this section, move to the 'Advanced' tab and then click on the 'Reset' button.
- Navigate to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' → then to 'Delete personal settings' and press on 'Reset' option.
- After this, click on 'Close' and go for OK to have modifications saved.
- Click on the tabs Alt+T and go for Manage Add-ons. Move to Toolbars and Extensions and here, get rid of the unwanted extensions.
- Click on Search Providers and set any page as your new search tool.
Delete Screencastify from Mozilla Firefox
- As you have your browser opened, type in about:addons in the shown URL field.
- Move through Extensions and Addons list, delete the items having something in common with Screencastify (or those which you may find unfamiliar). If the extension is not provided by Mozilla, Google, Microsoft, Oracle or Adobe, you should be almost sure you have to erase it.
- Then, reset Firefox by doing this: move to Firefox ->Help (Help in menu for OSX users) -> Troubleshooting Information. Finally,Reset Firefox.
Terminate Screencastify from Chrome
- In the displayed URL field, type in chrome://extensions.
- Take a look at the provided extensions and take care of those which you find unnecessary (those related to Screencastify) by deleting it. If you do not know whether one or another must be deleted once and for all, disable some of them temporarily.
- Then, restart Chrome.
- Optionally, you may type in chrome://settings in URL bar, move to Advanced settings, navigate to the bottom and choose Reset browser settings.