Get to know Search Pulse virus
Search Pulse virus is a browser hijacker by Easy Access to Internet Services. More specifically, this is a partial installation of trojans like Zero Access rootkit. Beware that it may hijack each of your web browsers (Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, etc.) without an appropriate permission asked and then cause various unwanted activities, such as redirects, slowdowns and similar inconveniences on each of them. When opening a home page or a search page one gets redirected to Search Pulse.com or Search Pulse.com/431. However, you can never know whether you can trust the content coming from this search engine or not.
Do NOT trust this website or anything associated to it and remove Alpha Antivirus as soon as possible. Both of these hijackers were created by Imali Media, and both of them appear to be in the development stages still. Here you will say that you have never seen this website in your entire life, and we will believe you. If you are interested in knowing how this app can show up on your computer without your direct approval, you should remember ‘bundling’. As soon as it gets inside, this browser modifies DNS Settings, changes the homepage and makes you visit search-results.com every time user starts browsing on the Internet. By the way, keeping third-party search providers is a risky thing if you are concerned about your privacy. You might also receive multiple ads while browsing the Internet via the web browser that is affected by Search Pulse browser hijacker.
When did the PUP attack my computer?
As previously mentioned, Search Pulse’s purpose is to generate advertising revenue. Due to the above-mentioned feature to grant you the access to Amazon or Youtube, it uses the services of third-parties. However, it is better to use Google search without any mediators. We also know that this intrusive program can track other information about the victim – browsing history, downloads, bookmarks, record your search queries and so on. Why? Promotions can be personalized in order to have better prospects for gullible users’ visits.
If you do not want to encounter issues that Search Pulse virus causes, you should remove it from your computer ASAP. The browser hijacker comes from the Imali Media family, and the extension it installs has links to affiliated sites, as well as links to popular social media websites like Facebook, YouTube, and others. If you delete this folder, the extension in Firefox will be eliminated; For this and previously mentioned reasons, we recommend you to remove Search Pulse browser hijacker from your computer. The responsibility is all to the hijacker, and we believe you should delete it to avoid encountering inaccurate information and ads instead of useful links.
How to remove Search Pulse browser hijacker from your PC for good?
To prevent this risk, you need to remove Search Pulse from your computer. If Search Pulse has replaced your browser’s default page, it means that identically named browser hijacker program is running its processes on your PC. Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs list and uninstall it from there. Note that you might have to change the Target on multiple shortcuts. Try to complete all steps correctly and you will be able to eliminate Then you can uninstall the extensions and reset settings in your browsers.
Search Pulse Behavior
- Installs itself without permissions
- Slows internet connection
- Search Pulse Connects to the internet without your permission
- Redirect your browser to infected pages.
- Integrates into the web browser via the Search Pulse browser extension
- Steals or uses your Confidential Data
- Distributes itself through pay-per-install or is bundled with third-party software.
- Search Pulse Deactivates Installed Security Software.
Search Pulse effected Windows OS versions
- Windows 8 30%
- Windows 7 30%
- Windows Vista 10%
- Windows XP 30%
Warning, multiple anti-virus scanners have detected possible malware in Search Pulse.
|VIPRE Antivirus||22702||Wajam (fs)|
Search Pulse Geography
Remove Search Pulse from Windows
Remove Search Pulse from Windows XP:
- Drag mouse cursor to the left of the Task Bar and click Start to open a menu.
- Open the Control Panel and double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- Remove the undesirable application.
Remove Search Pulse from Windows Vista or Windows 7:
- Click the Start menu icon on the Task Bar and select Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program and locate the undesirable application
- Right-click the application you want to delete and select Uninstall.
Remove Search Pulse from Windows 8:
- Right-click on the Metro UI screen, select All apps and then Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program and right-click the application you want to delete.
- Select Uninstall.
Remove Search Pulse from Your Browsers
Remove Search Pulse from Internet Explorer
- Go for Alt+T and click on Internet Options.
- In this section, move to the 'Advanced' tab and then click on the 'Reset' button.
- Navigate to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' → then to 'Delete personal settings' and press on 'Reset' option.
- After this, click on 'Close' and go for OK to have modifications saved.
- Click on the tabs Alt+T and go for Manage Add-ons. Move to Toolbars and Extensions and here, get rid of the unwanted extensions.
- Click on Search Providers and set any page as your new search tool.
Delete Search Pulse from Mozilla Firefox
- As you have your browser opened, type in about:addons in the shown URL field.
- Move through Extensions and Addons list, delete the items having something in common with Search Pulse (or those which you may find unfamiliar). If the extension is not provided by Mozilla, Google, Microsoft, Oracle or Adobe, you should be almost sure you have to erase it.
- Then, reset Firefox by doing this: move to Firefox ->Help (Help in menu for OSX users) -> Troubleshooting Information. Finally,Reset Firefox.
Terminate Search Pulse from Chrome
- In the displayed URL field, type in chrome://extensions.
- Take a look at the provided extensions and take care of those which you find unnecessary (those related to Search Pulse) by deleting it. If you do not know whether one or another must be deleted once and for all, disable some of them temporarily.
- Then, restart Chrome.
- Optionally, you may type in chrome://settings in URL bar, move to Advanced settings, navigate to the bottom and choose Reset browser settings.