Find out how Torrent Search virus acts:
If you find yourself on a Yahoo search results page after running a web search, it is possible that Torrent Search (also known as Torrent Search Virus) has managed to sneak onto your system. The program makes some modifications in your browser settings and replaces your homepage and default search engine without your confirmation. It might mislead you to potentially dangerous domains similar or bombard with irritating advertisements. Torrent Search is developed by the Search search network, which is based in Asia, but serves customers globally. If you want to avoid this, carefully follow an
It is important to note that it is not a browser hijacker because it is not distributed as such, at least at the time of our research. As a result, the threat was categorized as a browser hijacker. maps; Still it is quite unlikely that you downloaded the extension from its official site because you would have to know its exact title. You should soon realize that this search engine urges you to use it by any means, but do you know why? Every visit makes affiliate revenue In addition, even though it is enhanced by Google, the developer of Torrent Search might have still modified this search tool to be able to show advertisements for users.
The distribution of the browser hijacker
If your home page and default search engine were So basically, if you want to avoid getting such programs to your computer, you have to be more careful about your installations of other programs. This might happen because the results coming from a newly appointed search engine might be embedded with redirect links. The content of 3rd parties is purely advertising material encompassing ads of various forms and kinds and links. If you are not too careful, you might click on the site that is created by third-party partners. attached to them. This usually happens on websites that run something known as an arbitrary code execution exploit, which can trigger a silent, remote installation.
Torrent Search virus may be installed together with an adware that will track your browsing habits. If you want to keep your computer safe and to avoid installing suspicious or infectious software, you should have an anti-malware program installed on your platform. Unfortunately, all kinds of freewares can carry a bundle, as well as all kind of file-sharing websites (cnet, softonic, soft23, etc.) can be involved in their distribution. ” However, eventually, you will find that this program is yet another third-party app that merely outsources popular streaming websites. Thus, it is not advisable to use it or keep it on the system, if you do not want to take any risks.
What do I need to know about Torrent Search.com removal?
To summarize, Torrent Search is a worthless tool that might redirect you to potentially harmful websites. Change the home page URL settings in your browsers. Since the process might seem too complicated for some users, we should also mention that you can erase the search engine with a trustworthy antimalware tool. A reputable anti-spyware can delete Torrent Search and other critical programs from your computer to keep you secured. If you are having trouble with the application, we recommend that you get an antimalware scanner that would delete Torrent Search and possibly other malicious apps that often come bundled with it. Needless to say, you should not interact with this content because it could be associated with malware distribution and other dangerous practices.
Torrent Search Behavior
- Steals or uses your Confidential Data
- Installs itself without permissions
- Torrent Search Shows commercial adverts
- Shows Fake Security Alerts, Pop-ups and Ads.
- Torrent Search Deactivates Installed Security Software.
- Common Torrent Search behavior and some other text emplaining som info related to behavior
- Changes user's homepage
- Redirect your browser to infected pages.
- Distributes itself through pay-per-install or is bundled with third-party software.
- Integrates into the web browser via the Torrent Search browser extension
- Slows internet connection
Torrent Search effected Windows OS versions
- Windows 8 21%
- Windows 7 25%
- Windows Vista 13%
- Windows XP 41%
Warning, multiple anti-virus scanners have detected possible malware in Torrent Search.
|Unwanted-Program ( 00454f261 )
Torrent Search Geography
Remove Torrent Search from Windows
Remove Torrent Search from Windows XP:
- Drag mouse cursor to the left of the Task Bar and click Start to open a menu.
- Open the Control Panel and double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- Remove the undesirable application.
Remove Torrent Search from Windows Vista or Windows 7:
- Click the Start menu icon on the Task Bar and select Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program and locate the undesirable application
- Right-click the application you want to delete and select Uninstall.
Remove Torrent Search from Windows 8:
- Right-click on the Metro UI screen, select All apps and then Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program and right-click the application you want to delete.
- Select Uninstall.
Remove Torrent Search from Your Browsers
Remove Torrent Search from Internet Explorer
- Go for Alt+T and click on Internet Options.
- In this section, move to the 'Advanced' tab and then click on the 'Reset' button.
- Navigate to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' → then to 'Delete personal settings' and press on 'Reset' option.
- After this, click on 'Close' and go for OK to have modifications saved.
- Click on the tabs Alt+T and go for Manage Add-ons. Move to Toolbars and Extensions and here, get rid of the unwanted extensions.
- Click on Search Providers and set any page as your new search tool.
Delete Torrent Search from Mozilla Firefox
- As you have your browser opened, type in about:addons in the shown URL field.
- Move through Extensions and Addons list, delete the items having something in common with Torrent Search (or those which you may find unfamiliar). If the extension is not provided by Mozilla, Google, Microsoft, Oracle or Adobe, you should be almost sure you have to erase it.
- Then, reset Firefox by doing this: move to Firefox ->Help (Help in menu for OSX users) -> Troubleshooting Information. Finally,Reset Firefox.
Terminate Torrent Search from Chrome
- In the displayed URL field, type in chrome://extensions.
- Take a look at the provided extensions and take care of those which you find unnecessary (those related to Torrent Search) by deleting it. If you do not know whether one or another must be deleted once and for all, disable some of them temporarily.
- Then, restart Chrome.
- Optionally, you may type in chrome://settings in URL bar, move to Advanced settings, navigate to the bottom and choose Reset browser settings.