Ringtone cutter virus and TopYea Search. What are the differences?
Ringtone cutter is a suspicious website that is used to promote Candy Box program. It can easily replace your homepage, search engine, new tab and other settings on aforementioned web browsers. Once this virus gets inside the system, it alters DNS settings and starts redirecting user’s search queries to Ringtone cutter or other website that he/she would never visit. G-o-i-n-g-o-n-e-a-r-t-h.com may be one of these domains that distribute viruses, so stay away from it! They also try to get financial benefits by displaying various advertisements in there. In this article, we provide further information regarding the inner workings of Ringtone cutter as well as a few virtual security tips that will help you avoid this or any other devious program.
Ringtone cutter virus is a browser hijacker, trying to promote the usage of its searching platform. The website informs visitors about dangerous infections detected and offers purchasing Ultimate Antivirus and Windows Antivirus 2008 for computer protection. Home pages, new tab pages and default search engines are hijacked by this pest. they simply have to uncheck one box during the installation process. The application includes them into your search results and even displays ads with sponsored links. Therefore, it is very important to be cautious when you install such a package, so that you may have a chance to say no to certain unwanted apps thus saving yourself some future headaches. It should warn the user not only about malicious but also suspicious applications.
What this app is in reality and what issues it can cause?
While performing our research, we found that it is distributed using two methods. As mentioned, at the beginning it replaces your homepage and default search provider. If you want to avoid this PUP, you should start monitoring installation of the freeware by selecting Custom or Advanced installation option. Crooks are preoccupied with the task of distributing sneaky and intrusive viruses that they forget that some of the tricks are already pretty well-known. Unfortunately, it is not so easy to say which of the search results provided are untrustworthy, so people eventually click on those modified search results. Not to mention the overall system slowdown.
You can pick one option out of the two possible. Naturally, Ringtone cutter removal is less more complicated as well. It is recommended to uninstalling ALL programs installed on the same date as problems have appeared. VideoDownloadConverter or anything what could be related to Ievbiz.com To avoid following unfortunate scenarios of getting infected with pests, opt for advanced/custom modes of installations. We will let you know beforehand that you will practically need to uncheck all of them since, usually, only PUPs (potentially unwanted applications) are added as optional installs. Then
Fixing computer after the infiltration of Ringtone cutter virus:
Finally we recommend you to run a full system scan using a reputable antispyware program, for example, Anti-Malware Tool. Free programs are bundled with additional software. As concerns the manual removal of this PUP, the free tutorial is available beneath this article. Usually these programs are disclosed at one of the installation steps and they come as an already selected option. All of these redirections will be carried out in order to track your online activity, and you generate your online profile. All the related freeware should be eliminated as well.
Ringtone cutter Behavior
- Distributes itself through pay-per-install or is bundled with third-party software.
- Ringtone cutter Deactivates Installed Security Software.
- Ringtone cutter Shows commercial adverts
- Shows Fake Security Alerts, Pop-ups and Ads.
- Integrates into the web browser via the Ringtone cutter browser extension
Ringtone cutter effected Windows OS versions
- Windows 8 26%
- Windows 7 27%
- Windows Vista 8%
- Windows XP 39%
Warning, multiple anti-virus scanners have detected possible malware in Ringtone cutter.
|K7 AntiVirus||9.179.12403||Unwanted-Program ( 00454f261 )|
|VIPRE Antivirus||22702||Wajam (fs)|
Ringtone cutter Geography
Remove Ringtone cutter from Windows
Remove Ringtone cutter from Windows XP:
- Drag mouse cursor to the left of the Task Bar and click Start to open a menu.
- Open the Control Panel and double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- Remove the undesirable application.
Remove Ringtone cutter from Windows Vista or Windows 7:
- Click the Start menu icon on the Task Bar and select Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program and locate the undesirable application
- Right-click the application you want to delete and select Uninstall.
Remove Ringtone cutter from Windows 8:
- Right-click on the Metro UI screen, select All apps and then Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program and right-click the application you want to delete.
- Select Uninstall.
Remove Ringtone cutter from Your Browsers
Remove Ringtone cutter from Internet Explorer
- Go for Alt+T and click on Internet Options.
- In this section, move to the 'Advanced' tab and then click on the 'Reset' button.
- Navigate to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' → then to 'Delete personal settings' and press on 'Reset' option.
- After this, click on 'Close' and go for OK to have modifications saved.
- Click on the tabs Alt+T and go for Manage Add-ons. Move to Toolbars and Extensions and here, get rid of the unwanted extensions.
- Click on Search Providers and set any page as your new search tool.
Delete Ringtone cutter from Mozilla Firefox
- As you have your browser opened, type in about:addons in the shown URL field.
- Move through Extensions and Addons list, delete the items having something in common with Ringtone cutter (or those which you may find unfamiliar). If the extension is not provided by Mozilla, Google, Microsoft, Oracle or Adobe, you should be almost sure you have to erase it.
- Then, reset Firefox by doing this: move to Firefox ->Help (Help in menu for OSX users) -> Troubleshooting Information. Finally,Reset Firefox.
Terminate Ringtone cutter from Chrome
- In the displayed URL field, type in chrome://extensions.
- Take a look at the provided extensions and take care of those which you find unnecessary (those related to Ringtone cutter) by deleting it. If you do not know whether one or another must be deleted once and for all, disable some of them temporarily.
- Then, restart Chrome.
- Optionally, you may type in chrome://settings in URL bar, move to Advanced settings, navigate to the bottom and choose Reset browser settings.