IdeaShared is a questionable computer optimization tool that uses aggressive techniques in order to make computer users purchase its full version. It operates as a browser extension and can be added to all most popular web browsers, including Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome or Internet Explorer. For example, it is going to take care of the out-dated Windows Registry Keys, improve devices’ running and overall will act as an antivirus/anti-malware tool. IdeaShared pays money to people who distribute the program thus it is used by malware makers to earn some cash. Group of cyber criminals under the name ‘IdeaShared Bandits’ is responsible for over 3.75 billion dollars in losses throughout past year. However, the application received in such way won’t be as functional as you would hope. Internet users have indicated to spot this application in their computers and insistently attempted to uninstall it.
If you have discovered that your computer is affected by this PUP and you can’t recall installing it, we recommend to remove IdeaShared from your system. To be more particular, this program appends the certain registry key, which enables it to run on the startup. The latter browser displays corrupted search results of Google Search. You can choose not to do so and that’s why you need to be attentive during the installation. If you do not see IdeaShared listed or have problems with other advertisements, you should use antimalware tools like Anti-Malware Tool or StopZilla and scan your computer with it. However, this is not our main concern.
IdeaShared is distributed by many well-known download websites, such as softonic.com, download.com, etc. I was assured, that this is not possible but my tests have shown that if IdeaShared is installed from a software bundle, you will not be asked for a separate confirmation for You should also bear in mind that the program may try removing some important registry entries and this may compromise your system. So it is better to be removed. Some versions of this virus installs software that block browser settings from changing.
Even if it is to late to eliminate IdeaShared rogueware from the bundled installer of some free app, because it has already been set up on your computer’s system, it is never too late to remove the latter malware from your computer. Then run a full system scan with a reputable antispyware program, for example,Anti-Malware Tool or Anti-Malware Tool. Anti-Malware Tool. on the list of programs and uninstall it from there. Look for it on the list of programs and uninstall from there. Scanning with Anti-Malware programs like Anti-Malware Tool or Anti-Malware Tool Anti-Malware might also be useful to make sure you have no unwanted programs on your computer.
Better remove IdeaShared PUP from your computer’s system with Anti-Malware Tool, Anti-Malware Tool or Hitman reputable security software. Try Anti-Malware Tool to IdeaShared PUP is offered for free because the distributors get payed from the developers of adware, and the developers of adware get payed from the 3rd party advertisers, for whom you pay for the bogus offers they produce specially for you. We can organize a meeting for you with a detailed guide for such task: ‘Bundling” is a strategy that hackers exploit to spread malware applications. After that is done, it allows cyber criminals to change needed numbers and steal funds from users.
- Common IdeaShared behavior and some other text emplaining som info related to behavior
- IdeaShared Deactivates Installed Security Software.
- Slows internet connection
- IdeaShared Shows commercial adverts
- Distributes itself through pay-per-install or is bundled with third-party software.
- Steals or uses your Confidential Data
- Changes user's homepage
IdeaShared effected Windows OS versions
- Windows 8 26%
- Windows 7 23%
- Windows Vista 9%
- Windows XP 42%
Warning, multiple anti-virus scanners have detected possible malware in IdeaShared.
|VIPRE Antivirus||22702||Wajam (fs)|
Remove IdeaShared from Windows
Remove IdeaShared from Windows XP:
- Drag mouse cursor to the left of the Task Bar and click Start to open a menu.
- Open the Control Panel and double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- Remove the undesirable application.
Remove IdeaShared from Windows Vista or Windows 7:
- Click the Start menu icon on the Task Bar and select Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program and locate the undesirable application
- Right-click the application you want to delete and select Uninstall.
Remove IdeaShared from Windows 8:
- Right-click on the Metro UI screen, select All apps and then Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program and right-click the application you want to delete.
- Select Uninstall.
Remove IdeaShared from Your Browsers
Remove IdeaShared from Internet Explorer
- Go for Alt+T and click on Internet Options.
- In this section, move to the 'Advanced' tab and then click on the 'Reset' button.
- Navigate to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' → then to 'Delete personal settings' and press on 'Reset' option.
- After this, click on 'Close' and go for OK to have modifications saved.
- Click on the tabs Alt+T and go for Manage Add-ons. Move to Toolbars and Extensions and here, get rid of the unwanted extensions.
- Click on Search Providers and set any page as your new search tool.
Delete IdeaShared from Mozilla Firefox
- As you have your browser opened, type in about:addons in the shown URL field.
- Move through Extensions and Addons list, delete the items having something in common with IdeaShared (or those which you may find unfamiliar). If the extension is not provided by Mozilla, Google, Microsoft, Oracle or Adobe, you should be almost sure you have to erase it.
- Then, reset Firefox by doing this: move to Firefox ->Help (Help in menu for OSX users) -> Troubleshooting Information. Finally,Reset Firefox.
Terminate IdeaShared from Chrome
- In the displayed URL field, type in chrome://extensions.
- Take a look at the provided extensions and take care of those which you find unnecessary (those related to IdeaShared) by deleting it. If you do not know whether one or another must be deleted once and for all, disable some of them temporarily.
- Then, restart Chrome.
- Optionally, you may type in chrome://settings in URL bar, move to Advanced settings, navigate to the bottom and choose Reset browser settings.