HOW CAN I GET KeepVid VIRUS ON MY COMPUTER?
There are two most common methods to eliminate infection like this – you can do it either manually or automatically, so it’s completely up to you which method to choose. Besides, it never asks a permission when it decides to alter computer’s settings and attaches its add-ons, extensions and toolbars to all Internet browsers user has installed on the PC. Basically, i’s almost impossible to miss the fact that KeepVid virus has infiltrated the computer because as soon as it does that, it sets Search.KeepVid.com as a start page, default search engine and new tab page. Nonetheless, if you do not like this tool, we advise you to get rid of it without any hesitation. But this cosy scenery is roiled by the fact that KeepVid, being just another rogue application out of the thousands of rogueware apps produced by Imali Media, will turn your browsing into a nightmare. Besides, for getting more information about your interests and increasing the possibility of making you to click on Also, this program may start causing unwanted activity on your computer, such as redirects, slow downs and even tracking of your web searches.
How can KeepVid hijack computer systems?
For one, it means that KeepVid is not a particularly sophisticated application. A trick that many adware companies use to promote their product is installing it bundled with freeware or shareware. Again, you can fix these problems by simply uninstalling KeepVid from your computer. It is also unclear why the plugin initiates the creation of folders and registry entries recognized as globalUpdate. To avoid any further issues, you should remove KeepVid virus from your system as soon as possible. It would also explain why KeepVid looks like a decent search engine.
WikiCraftPro browser extension is not an addition we recommend. If you have visited some porn site or other suspicious domain, you could have also downloaded and installed KeepVid application on your device. No matter that such data is considered as personally non-identifiable, you shouldn’t reveal it for unknown parties. KeepVid browser hijacker is not held responsible for such content and for what happens to you if you choose to interact with it. Make sure you check the reputation of the website that provides the download link; Some versions of this hijacker install software that blocks browser settings from changing. If you want to get rid of this issue, you should follow some special steps given below:
Quick KeepVid removal guide:
On IE: Research has shown that KeepVid often travels in a bundle with Qvod, which is known to be unreliable software. Please remember that KeepVid does not review the links and the content it promotes. Be careful, because you might face cyber-criminals’ activities, so if you do not want to experience bad consequences, avoid browsing on unfamiliar and insecure websites. These two options provide a list of suggestions to install ‘recommended applications,’ and this list usually includes several PUPs. For getting such ability, we highly recommend you to select Custom or Advanced installation of the freeware and then uncheck all questionable check marks.
- Slows internet connection
- Integrates into the web browser via the KeepVid browser extension
- KeepVid Deactivates Installed Security Software.
- Installs itself without permissions
- Distributes itself through pay-per-install or is bundled with third-party software.
KeepVid effected Windows OS versions
- Windows 8 28%
- Windows 7 28%
- Windows Vista 11%
- Windows XP 33%
Warning, multiple anti-virus scanners have detected possible malware in KeepVid.
|K7 AntiVirus||9.179.12403||Unwanted-Program ( 00454f261 )|
|VIPRE Antivirus||22702||Wajam (fs)|
Remove KeepVid from Windows
Remove KeepVid from Windows XP:
- Drag mouse cursor to the left of the Task Bar and click Start to open a menu.
- Open the Control Panel and double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- Remove the undesirable application.
Remove KeepVid from Windows Vista or Windows 7:
- Click the Start menu icon on the Task Bar and select Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program and locate the undesirable application
- Right-click the application you want to delete and select Uninstall.
Remove KeepVid from Windows 8:
- Right-click on the Metro UI screen, select All apps and then Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program and right-click the application you want to delete.
- Select Uninstall.
Remove KeepVid from Your Browsers
Remove KeepVid from Internet Explorer
- Go for Alt+T and click on Internet Options.
- In this section, move to the 'Advanced' tab and then click on the 'Reset' button.
- Navigate to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' → then to 'Delete personal settings' and press on 'Reset' option.
- After this, click on 'Close' and go for OK to have modifications saved.
- Click on the tabs Alt+T and go for Manage Add-ons. Move to Toolbars and Extensions and here, get rid of the unwanted extensions.
- Click on Search Providers and set any page as your new search tool.
Delete KeepVid from Mozilla Firefox
- As you have your browser opened, type in about:addons in the shown URL field.
- Move through Extensions and Addons list, delete the items having something in common with KeepVid (or those which you may find unfamiliar). If the extension is not provided by Mozilla, Google, Microsoft, Oracle or Adobe, you should be almost sure you have to erase it.
- Then, reset Firefox by doing this: move to Firefox ->Help (Help in menu for OSX users) -> Troubleshooting Information. Finally,Reset Firefox.
Terminate KeepVid from Chrome
- In the displayed URL field, type in chrome://extensions.
- Take a look at the provided extensions and take care of those which you find unnecessary (those related to KeepVid) by deleting it. If you do not know whether one or another must be deleted once and for all, disable some of them temporarily.
- Then, restart Chrome.
- Optionally, you may type in chrome://settings in URL bar, move to Advanced settings, navigate to the bottom and choose Reset browser settings.