Fact 1. Home.specialtab.com is NOT a beneficial program.
Home.specialtab.com is suspicious search site that may show you altered search results for tricking you into visiting affiliate websites. Once you visit this website, Home.specialtab.com installs several malicious files into your system, and proceeds to flood you with numerous fake security pop-up baloons that state you have been infected with some false positive. Once inside, the program immediately changes your homepage and default search provider. Besides, Home.specialtab.com is also suspected for collecting personal users’ data in the background and sending this information to the third parties. As you can clearly see, it’s a nasty threat, which comes bundled with lost of infections and should be removed immediately.
If you are one of those users who do not pay enough attention to the installation process of free programs, it is very likely that one day you will find Home.specialtab.com set as your default search engine and Bit-Search.com as a default homepage. is developed by a company that has not a very good reputation. Besides, some of malware threats have also been found to cause this annoying program on users computers. However, it wouldn’t get ability to come inside the PC if users would pay more attention to the installation process of the freeware and shareware. as SafeSideTab. Actually, this is really dangerous to do that because you might be immediately taken to an unreliable third-party web page. As for the future, we recommend staying away from suspicious file-sharing web pages since the setup files they offer can be bundled with various threats.
HOW CAN I DISABLE Home.specialtab.com?
Upon deeper investigation, our malware analysts have discovered that there is something much more about Home.specialtab.com that meets the eye. One of them is quite traditional as it requires downloading this program from its official website with a reason. Therefore, there is a huge possibility that other untrustworthy applications have been installed on your computer. What is suspicious is that your personal information could be included as well, and that is not okay. Although Ask Search is a reputable search provider, the search results shown via search.tb.ask.com/home.tb.ask.com are likely to be modified.
Most likely, your computer has been taken over by Home.specialtab.com hijack at the moment when you were installing a free program. However, we strongly discourage you to perform any kind of search via Home.specialtab.com because every single search query you will enter into the search box will be monitored and documented. A full guide how to get rid of Home.specialtab.com can be found below this article. Thus, within few minutes, they install the primary application and the additional pre-marked add-on as well. You can either do it automatically or manually, depending on your abilities and preferences. That is why you have to opt the “recommended downloads” out via Custom or Advanced installation option. Anti-Malware Tool.
HOW TO REMOVE Home.specialtab.com toolbar?
If you have some questions regarding this topic, feel free to ask them in the comments section below. To restore your device back to normal, you should try out Anti-Malware Tool, Anti-Malware Tool or Hitman. The security experts always advise the users, even the most experienced with computers to use professional antivirus tools, specifically created for the purpose of fighting malicious programs. Make sure you choose Custom installation and see what you are agreeing on before proceeding to the next step. Deselect any options that suggest installing programs that are not familiar to you. Nevertheless, bundled software is not regarded to always carry safe content. You can use one of these programs that are given down below:
- Slows internet connection
- Modifies Desktop and Browser Settings.
- Changes user's homepage
- Redirect your browser to infected pages.
- Common Home.specialtab.com behavior and some other text emplaining som info related to behavior
- Distributes itself through pay-per-install or is bundled with third-party software.
- Installs itself without permissions
- Home.specialtab.com Shows commercial adverts
- Home.specialtab.com Connects to the internet without your permission
- Home.specialtab.com Deactivates Installed Security Software.
Home.specialtab.com effected Windows OS versions
- Windows 8 29%
- Windows 7 34%
- Windows Vista 12%
- Windows XP 25%
Warning, multiple anti-virus scanners have detected possible malware in Home.specialtab.com.
|VIPRE Antivirus||22702||Wajam (fs)|
Remove Home.specialtab.com from Windows
Remove Home.specialtab.com from Windows XP:
- Drag mouse cursor to the left of the Task Bar and click Start to open a menu.
- Open the Control Panel and double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- Remove the undesirable application.
Remove Home.specialtab.com from Windows Vista or Windows 7:
- Click the Start menu icon on the Task Bar and select Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program and locate the undesirable application
- Right-click the application you want to delete and select Uninstall.
Remove Home.specialtab.com from Windows 8:
- Right-click on the Metro UI screen, select All apps and then Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program and right-click the application you want to delete.
- Select Uninstall.
Remove Home.specialtab.com from Your Browsers
Remove Home.specialtab.com from Internet Explorer
- Go for Alt+T and click on Internet Options.
- In this section, move to the 'Advanced' tab and then click on the 'Reset' button.
- Navigate to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' → then to 'Delete personal settings' and press on 'Reset' option.
- After this, click on 'Close' and go for OK to have modifications saved.
- Click on the tabs Alt+T and go for Manage Add-ons. Move to Toolbars and Extensions and here, get rid of the unwanted extensions.
- Click on Search Providers and set any page as your new search tool.
Delete Home.specialtab.com from Mozilla Firefox
- As you have your browser opened, type in about:addons in the shown URL field.
- Move through Extensions and Addons list, delete the items having something in common with Home.specialtab.com (or those which you may find unfamiliar). If the extension is not provided by Mozilla, Google, Microsoft, Oracle or Adobe, you should be almost sure you have to erase it.
- Then, reset Firefox by doing this: move to Firefox ->Help (Help in menu for OSX users) -> Troubleshooting Information. Finally,Reset Firefox.
Terminate Home.specialtab.com from Chrome
- In the displayed URL field, type in chrome://extensions.
- Take a look at the provided extensions and take care of those which you find unnecessary (those related to Home.specialtab.com) by deleting it. If you do not know whether one or another must be deleted once and for all, disable some of them temporarily.
- Then, restart Chrome.
- Optionally, you may type in chrome://settings in URL bar, move to Advanced settings, navigate to the bottom and choose Reset browser settings.