Dealing with My Inbox Helper virus:
My Inbox Helper (also known as Toolbar Virus) is yet another intrusive toolbar that comes from the infamous Mindspark group, which is notorious for developing other suspicious toolbars such as GetFormsOnline Toolbar, FlightSearch Toolbar, PConverter Toolbar and many others. might look like a decent search engine, but it is not true. However, the program is installed to computers without asking for users’ permission and this is one of the reasons why it is considered to be a potentially unwanted program. However, hundreds of computer users have already complained about this rogueware no matter which version, unpaid or the paid one, they had to deal with. Just like a lot of other similar applications, it is capable of altering your browser’s default settings without any authorization whatsoever.
My Inbox Helper is a browser hijacker that promotes a dubious search engine. Various download managers, video streaming software, PDF creators and other similar-type freewares are commonly bundled with third party products, such as browser extensions, plug-ins, add-ons or toolbars. In other words, you are more likely to spot this one than the ones that resemble well-known search engines like Google. Such promotional content can appear during various moments of your online sessions and disrupt on-going tasks. Typically, it changes the default search engine, homepage, new tab window and similar things without any user’s permission.
Why is it dangerous to have My Inbox Helper on your computer?
My Inbox Helper page doesn’t look suspicious at first sight. First of all, users notice that C: To avoid My Inbox Helper hijack this program. Since a bundle can contain adware apps, browser hijackers, Trojans, fake alerts as well as potentially unwanted programs, we believe that it is best for you to scan your system with a trustworthy malware scanner after you finally decide to delete My Inbox Helper from your affected browsers. The purpose of My Inbox Helper redirects is to generate web traffic to these sites and to gain pay-per-click earnings.
We can help you to remove this PC intruder!
As already mentioned, To avoid it, you must always follow each installation step of your free downloads, like media players, PDF creators, download managers, etc. Moreover, the hijacker might have dispersed its files all over the registry. To avoid similar problems in the future, it is recommended to be more careful with what you are installing to your system and follow the installation steps more carefully. Alternatively, you can opt for the manual elimination of My Inbox Helper Do not miss any detail to decrease the possibility of the hijacker showing up on your operating system again.
My Inbox Helper Behavior
- Shows Fake Security Alerts, Pop-ups and Ads.
- My Inbox Helper Shows commercial adverts
- Modifies Desktop and Browser Settings.
- My Inbox Helper Deactivates Installed Security Software.
- Integrates into the web browser via the My Inbox Helper browser extension
- Steals or uses your Confidential Data
- Changes user's homepage
- My Inbox Helper Connects to the internet without your permission
- Slows internet connection
- Common My Inbox Helper behavior and some other text emplaining som info related to behavior
- Distributes itself through pay-per-install or is bundled with third-party software.
- Installs itself without permissions
My Inbox Helper effected Windows OS versions
- Windows 8 26%
- Windows 7 26%
- Windows Vista 8%
- Windows XP 40%
Warning, multiple anti-virus scanners have detected possible malware in My Inbox Helper.
|VIPRE Antivirus||22702||Wajam (fs)|
|K7 AntiVirus||9.179.12403||Unwanted-Program ( 00454f261 )|
My Inbox Helper Geography
Remove My Inbox Helper from Windows
Remove My Inbox Helper from Windows XP:
- Drag mouse cursor to the left of the Task Bar and click Start to open a menu.
- Open the Control Panel and double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- Remove the undesirable application.
Remove My Inbox Helper from Windows Vista or Windows 7:
- Click the Start menu icon on the Task Bar and select Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program and locate the undesirable application
- Right-click the application you want to delete and select Uninstall.
Remove My Inbox Helper from Windows 8:
- Right-click on the Metro UI screen, select All apps and then Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program and right-click the application you want to delete.
- Select Uninstall.
Remove My Inbox Helper from Your Browsers
Remove My Inbox Helper from Internet Explorer
- Go for Alt+T and click on Internet Options.
- In this section, move to the 'Advanced' tab and then click on the 'Reset' button.
- Navigate to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' → then to 'Delete personal settings' and press on 'Reset' option.
- After this, click on 'Close' and go for OK to have modifications saved.
- Click on the tabs Alt+T and go for Manage Add-ons. Move to Toolbars and Extensions and here, get rid of the unwanted extensions.
- Click on Search Providers and set any page as your new search tool.
Delete My Inbox Helper from Mozilla Firefox
- As you have your browser opened, type in about:addons in the shown URL field.
- Move through Extensions and Addons list, delete the items having something in common with My Inbox Helper (or those which you may find unfamiliar). If the extension is not provided by Mozilla, Google, Microsoft, Oracle or Adobe, you should be almost sure you have to erase it.
- Then, reset Firefox by doing this: move to Firefox ->Help (Help in menu for OSX users) -> Troubleshooting Information. Finally,Reset Firefox.
Terminate My Inbox Helper from Chrome
- In the displayed URL field, type in chrome://extensions.
- Take a look at the provided extensions and take care of those which you find unnecessary (those related to My Inbox Helper) by deleting it. If you do not know whether one or another must be deleted once and for all, disable some of them temporarily.
- Then, restart Chrome.
- Optionally, you may type in chrome://settings in URL bar, move to Advanced settings, navigate to the bottom and choose Reset browser settings.