To remove Chromium, run a full system scan with a reputable anti-malware program Anti-Malware Tool or StopZilla. It usually comes bundled to other software and is installed without asking users permission. It pretends to be useful free application that can clean your computer from various infections and unwanted files, but it is not true. One of the “famous” applications using Chromium platform is Pagerage, which modifies Facebook. One of such is the fact that this program has been noticed to spread via bundles of programs. However, the application received in such way won’t be as functional as you would hope. they finish their thrill with the blown-up statement, Once you get it, you won’t regret it!
Firstly, Chromium is installed silently on the launch of Regclean Pro – other software by the same makers. However, its intentions are far from being focused on users’ interests. If that is the case, then you should be interested to find out about a couple of ambiguous statements that this program makes. However, these tools are optional. However, let’s look at the Chromium program more closely and try to reveal the main terms for this software to be considered an unreliable potentially unwanted program (PUP).
Chromium is regarded as a PUP – a potentially unwanted program, since it brings ad-supported software along with itself. However, we insist you find another tool to proceed with. The most common one is Web injection. If you don’t follow their installation steps you can easily skip the one offering to add Chromium. Many people have indicated to suffer from security issues after getting programs from this or similar domain. Furthermore, we should note that Chromium can also be responsible for unauthorized changes, made to browsers.
This application enters users’ computers without any notification. Then run a full system scan with a reputable antispyware program, for example,Anti-Malware Tool or Anti-Malware Tool. It is crucial for users to pick advanced/custom modes for these procedures and review every step closely. It can come along other free applications set up in the Default settings, as freeware typically contains PUPs as additional installs to the main download, which can be eliminated in the Advanced (Custom) settings. Scanning with Anti-Malware programs like Anti-Malware Tool or Anti-Malware Tool Anti-Malware might also be useful to make sure you have no unwanted programs on your computer.
The most presumable way for this questionable program to influence users systems is to come bundled with other free applications. If you are still suffering from numerous ads or hijacking issues, scan your computer with an anti-malware program, for example, Anti-Malware Tool, Stopzilla or Anti-Malware Tool. If manual removal is what you came for, scroll down and find a detailed step-by-step guide. Manual removal for Chromium app can be applied complying with the instructions rendered below. The automatic removal can be carried out by the following elaborate anti-malware applications: However, the choice is yours. Furthermore, you should be able to recognize the advantages that come from malware-fighting program.
- Modifies Desktop and Browser Settings.
- Shows Fake Security Alerts, Pop-ups and Ads.
- Distributes itself through pay-per-install or is bundled with third-party software.
- Slows internet connection
- Changes user's homepage
- Common Chromium behavior and some other text emplaining som info related to behavior
- Chromium Connects to the internet without your permission
Chromium effected Windows OS versions
- Windows 8 25%
- Windows 7 34%
- Windows Vista 13%
- Windows XP 28%
Warning, multiple anti-virus scanners have detected possible malware in Chromium.
|K7 AntiVirus||9.179.12403||Unwanted-Program ( 00454f261 )|
|VIPRE Antivirus||22702||Wajam (fs)|
Remove Chromium from Windows
Remove Chromium from Windows XP:
- Drag mouse cursor to the left of the Task Bar and click Start to open a menu.
- Open the Control Panel and double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- Remove the undesirable application.
Remove Chromium from Windows Vista or Windows 7:
- Click the Start menu icon on the Task Bar and select Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program and locate the undesirable application
- Right-click the application you want to delete and select Uninstall.
Remove Chromium from Windows 8:
- Right-click on the Metro UI screen, select All apps and then Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program and right-click the application you want to delete.
- Select Uninstall.
Remove Chromium from Your Browsers
Remove Chromium from Internet Explorer
- Go for Alt+T and click on Internet Options.
- In this section, move to the 'Advanced' tab and then click on the 'Reset' button.
- Navigate to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' → then to 'Delete personal settings' and press on 'Reset' option.
- After this, click on 'Close' and go for OK to have modifications saved.
- Click on the tabs Alt+T and go for Manage Add-ons. Move to Toolbars and Extensions and here, get rid of the unwanted extensions.
- Click on Search Providers and set any page as your new search tool.
Delete Chromium from Mozilla Firefox
- As you have your browser opened, type in about:addons in the shown URL field.
- Move through Extensions and Addons list, delete the items having something in common with Chromium (or those which you may find unfamiliar). If the extension is not provided by Mozilla, Google, Microsoft, Oracle or Adobe, you should be almost sure you have to erase it.
- Then, reset Firefox by doing this: move to Firefox ->Help (Help in menu for OSX users) -> Troubleshooting Information. Finally,Reset Firefox.
Terminate Chromium from Chrome
- In the displayed URL field, type in chrome://extensions.
- Take a look at the provided extensions and take care of those which you find unnecessary (those related to Chromium) by deleting it. If you do not know whether one or another must be deleted once and for all, disable some of them temporarily.
- Then, restart Chrome.
- Optionally, you may type in chrome://settings in URL bar, move to Advanced settings, navigate to the bottom and choose Reset browser settings.