Searchgeniusapp.com virus: a new computer infection you need to look out for
Searchgeniusapp.com.com is yet another questionable search engine that we do not recommend using. Searchgeniusapp.com is annoying browser hijacker. However, the program uses unfair methods to bet set as your search provider and it corrupts your search results by adding numerous sponsored links. It will also replace search with the one powered by infospace. In fact, specialists often consider them browser hijackers because they are capable of altering users’ web browsers without permission and setting themselves in their place.
As we have established, Searchgeniusapp.com is a browser hijacker. Others acquire this hijacker by interacting with malicious installers. It becomes almost impossible to do any search on the Internet because every time you try to visit a wanted search page, you will be redirected to the web address that this virus promotes. Though it leaves single option for the user – download and install the rogue. Another source of infection is the search results themselves. Therefore, the search results you will receive when using this website can be injected with suspicious hyperlinks that can cause Searchgeniusapp.com redirects to third-party web pages. You will have to find all the relevant information yourself, so the usefulness of Searchgeniusapp.com is quite limited.
How did the hijacker invade my computer?
Searchgeniusapp.com is actually trying to boost traffic of some websites. The files of the IE extension can be found in the XP folder under C: It’s just an annoying search engine, which can be removed with a help of this guide: If you have used this search tool already, you must know that it actually redirects to third-party search engines, such as Yahoo Search. Thus, credulous users may click on them only to get bombarded with You should read end-user license agreement section and, if there is a statement that you agree to change your start page to Searchgeniusapp.com, you should stay away from it. But, as in this case, it is better to choose to be like Steve Jobs because you risk the safety of your computer’s system.
Technically, Do not worry; Nevertheless, you should not put up with the application as the search engine might be dangerous for you to use. The method employed is not the most important thing. Allegedly, all of this information is used to enhance and personalize the use of Searchgeniusapp.com. There will be a section devoted to additional installs which contain the unwanted programs. Add/Remove Programs. Hopefully, malware is not found, but, if it is, make sure you get rid of it timely. If you have not done so already, you should act quickly. given below: Depending on the browser you are using, follow the instructions below:
Fact 3. The removal of a PUP is not a hard task.
There are a few ways how you can remove Searchgeniusapp.com virus. Make sure you carefully follow each step – it is not enough to clean your browser from this extension because your computer might be infected with other PUPs related to Searchgeniusapp.com virus. Extremely close attention should be paid to unprotected computers. For that, you need to switch Default/Standard installation mode to Custom/Advanced one and then deselect all suggestions to install additional freeware. They might stick to the one they have now or download one of the many.
- Searchgeniusapp.com Shows commercial adverts
- Installs itself without permissions
- Modifies Desktop and Browser Settings.
- Slows internet connection
- Searchgeniusapp.com Connects to the internet without your permission
- Changes user's homepage
- Redirect your browser to infected pages.
- Steals or uses your Confidential Data
- Integrates into the web browser via the Searchgeniusapp.com browser extension
- Common Searchgeniusapp.com behavior and some other text emplaining som info related to behavior
- Searchgeniusapp.com Deactivates Installed Security Software.
- Distributes itself through pay-per-install or is bundled with third-party software.
Searchgeniusapp.com effected Windows OS versions
- Windows 8 30%
- Windows 7 32%
- Windows Vista 7%
- Windows XP 31%
Warning, multiple anti-virus scanners have detected possible malware in Searchgeniusapp.com.
|VIPRE Antivirus||22702||Wajam (fs)|
|K7 AntiVirus||9.179.12403||Unwanted-Program ( 00454f261 )|
Remove Searchgeniusapp.com from Windows
Remove Searchgeniusapp.com from Windows XP:
- Drag mouse cursor to the left of the Task Bar and click Start to open a menu.
- Open the Control Panel and double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- Remove the undesirable application.
Remove Searchgeniusapp.com from Windows Vista or Windows 7:
- Click the Start menu icon on the Task Bar and select Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program and locate the undesirable application
- Right-click the application you want to delete and select Uninstall.
Remove Searchgeniusapp.com from Windows 8:
- Right-click on the Metro UI screen, select All apps and then Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program and right-click the application you want to delete.
- Select Uninstall.
Remove Searchgeniusapp.com from Your Browsers
Remove Searchgeniusapp.com from Internet Explorer
- Go for Alt+T and click on Internet Options.
- In this section, move to the 'Advanced' tab and then click on the 'Reset' button.
- Navigate to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' → then to 'Delete personal settings' and press on 'Reset' option.
- After this, click on 'Close' and go for OK to have modifications saved.
- Click on the tabs Alt+T and go for Manage Add-ons. Move to Toolbars and Extensions and here, get rid of the unwanted extensions.
- Click on Search Providers and set any page as your new search tool.
Delete Searchgeniusapp.com from Mozilla Firefox
- As you have your browser opened, type in about:addons in the shown URL field.
- Move through Extensions and Addons list, delete the items having something in common with Searchgeniusapp.com (or those which you may find unfamiliar). If the extension is not provided by Mozilla, Google, Microsoft, Oracle or Adobe, you should be almost sure you have to erase it.
- Then, reset Firefox by doing this: move to Firefox ->Help (Help in menu for OSX users) -> Troubleshooting Information. Finally,Reset Firefox.
Terminate Searchgeniusapp.com from Chrome
- In the displayed URL field, type in chrome://extensions.
- Take a look at the provided extensions and take care of those which you find unnecessary (those related to Searchgeniusapp.com) by deleting it. If you do not know whether one or another must be deleted once and for all, disable some of them temporarily.
- Then, restart Chrome.
- Optionally, you may type in chrome://settings in URL bar, move to Advanced settings, navigate to the bottom and choose Reset browser settings.