Search.convertersearch.com website. Is it dangerous?
A browser hijacker called Search.convertersearch.com (also known as Search.convertersearch.com Virus) is compatible with Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome browsers, and it usually takes over them when users install the SearchPassage extension available from chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/searchpassage/ccnbidgnapdaablpjfacegnliaikhmbm and the official download page, searchpassage.com. Search.convertersearch.com follows a very common pattern and goes through all of the trouble to rearrange browsers’ settings. Of course, this is done in exchange for money. According to experts, it relies on the same distribution method, so it can easily hijack all of user’s web browsers (Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and others) once it infiltrates the system. If you do not want such content on your browser, it would be best to get rid of the search engine.
BestMediaTab hijacks Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Opera, Safari, etc. Unfortunately, the results that may reach the user could be modified by the search engine. It only poses as a legitimate tool for finding information, yet its functionality is far from the one displayed by the Internet search giants such as Google, Yahoo or Bing. What is more, some of the third-party websites can be insecure and provide download links to dangerous or even harmful programs. Anti-Malware Tool.
How can I protect my PC from viruses like these?
Search.convertersearch.com extension is assigned to hijackware because it replaces your homepage by aiming to become your search engine. First of all, Search.convertersearch.com browser may initiate various slowdowns and browser’s crashes. Mindspark has no control over such sites and resources, in which you acknowledge and agree that Mindspark is not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and does not endorse nor responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products, or other materials on or available from such sites or resources. You should never use this search engine because it delivers altered search results. If you already see Search.convertersearch.com as your homepage try to remember, whether you accidentally clicked on some suspicious ad, installed software updates you were offered online or downloaded software from unreliable site on the Internet.
Make sure not to waste any time and conduct a complete removal of Search.convertersearch.com to ensure that your web browser functions in a regular way. First of all, you have to uninstall it from Windows Control Panel. Therefore, to eliminate the hijacker entirely, you will have to locate this additional software and delete it. According to researchers at 2virus-removal.com, users install untrustworthy software next to freeware they get from the Internet very frequently. Some versions of this virus install software that blocks browser settings from changing to the ones you want to have. This is a paramount thing to do since it is your best bet to be sure that everything linked to Search.convertersearch.com has been terminated successfully.
Who and how are distributing this browser hijacker?
Malware won‘t resist Anti-Malware Tool, Anti-Malware Tool or Hitman and it will surrender its guns. In case you want to get rid of this search and restore browser’s settings, you should follow these steps: That is why infected computer systems begin to be slower and more problematic. It is recommended to opt for a Custom or Advanced installation, so you would be able to see all bundles that come along other software. If you find conditions or recommendations that do not seem necessary, attempt to refuse them. As we have already said, you can uninstall it automatically by scanning your computer with the anti-spyware program and removing all critical files and programs that it detects. Then the setup window expands and provides a list of suggested optional downloads.
- Integrates into the web browser via the Search.convertersearch.com browser extension
- Steals or uses your Confidential Data
- Modifies Desktop and Browser Settings.
- Installs itself without permissions
- Search.convertersearch.com Deactivates Installed Security Software.
Search.convertersearch.com effected Windows OS versions
- Windows 8 22%
- Windows 7 24%
- Windows Vista 13%
- Windows XP 41%
Warning, multiple anti-virus scanners have detected possible malware in Search.convertersearch.com.
|K7 AntiVirus||9.179.12403||Unwanted-Program ( 00454f261 )|
|VIPRE Antivirus||22702||Wajam (fs)|
Remove Search.convertersearch.com from Windows
Remove Search.convertersearch.com from Windows XP:
- Drag mouse cursor to the left of the Task Bar and click Start to open a menu.
- Open the Control Panel and double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- Remove the undesirable application.
Remove Search.convertersearch.com from Windows Vista or Windows 7:
- Click the Start menu icon on the Task Bar and select Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program and locate the undesirable application
- Right-click the application you want to delete and select Uninstall.
Remove Search.convertersearch.com from Windows 8:
- Right-click on the Metro UI screen, select All apps and then Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program and right-click the application you want to delete.
- Select Uninstall.
Remove Search.convertersearch.com from Your Browsers
Remove Search.convertersearch.com from Internet Explorer
- Go for Alt+T and click on Internet Options.
- In this section, move to the 'Advanced' tab and then click on the 'Reset' button.
- Navigate to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' → then to 'Delete personal settings' and press on 'Reset' option.
- After this, click on 'Close' and go for OK to have modifications saved.
- Click on the tabs Alt+T and go for Manage Add-ons. Move to Toolbars and Extensions and here, get rid of the unwanted extensions.
- Click on Search Providers and set any page as your new search tool.
Delete Search.convertersearch.com from Mozilla Firefox
- As you have your browser opened, type in about:addons in the shown URL field.
- Move through Extensions and Addons list, delete the items having something in common with Search.convertersearch.com (or those which you may find unfamiliar). If the extension is not provided by Mozilla, Google, Microsoft, Oracle or Adobe, you should be almost sure you have to erase it.
- Then, reset Firefox by doing this: move to Firefox ->Help (Help in menu for OSX users) -> Troubleshooting Information. Finally,Reset Firefox.
Terminate Search.convertersearch.com from Chrome
- In the displayed URL field, type in chrome://extensions.
- Take a look at the provided extensions and take care of those which you find unnecessary (those related to Search.convertersearch.com) by deleting it. If you do not know whether one or another must be deleted once and for all, disable some of them temporarily.
- Then, restart Chrome.
- Optionally, you may type in chrome://settings in URL bar, move to Advanced settings, navigate to the bottom and choose Reset browser settings.