Free-converterz.com. Is it malicious?
While surfing the Internet, you might have run into Free-converterz.com. It acts like a reliable search engine, but in reality it seeks to increase the rates of affiliate marketing. Once inside, it replaces your homepage and search provider with Free-converterz.com. In fact, many respectable and well-known security vendors are labeling Free-converterz.com as a browser hijacker. Google Chrome could not connect to Free-converterz.com’ depending on the search engine you use. I have noticed a program named Websearch.exe. Thus, prioritize Free-converterz.com removal right away. Alongside such information, we also provide a detailed removal guide, which you should use to delete Free-converterz.com once and for all.
Specialists at 2virus-removal.com needed only a few seconds to understand that Free-converterz.com is another website that only pretends to be a legitimate search provider because it is created on the template used by such pages as Search.searchnuts.com, Search.searchwatchytsn.com, and Search.searchtcn.com which have all been developed by Polarity Technologies Ltd and are known to be browser hijackers. tracking From the very first sentences in the EULA document, we noticed some statements that could be argued for their security. If the installer lets you choose advanced options, you should do so as it might be the only way to uncheck additional program suggestions. Mildly saying, such browser’s modifications may improve away your web browsing experience since you may not only face difficulties in finding relevant information
How is this hijacker distributed?
Furthermore, browser hijackers are often sponsoring shady domains. Some of these programs can track your browsing history and try go get information about your browsing habits. Plus, if Free-converterz.com has hijacked your computer system, most likely you are going to receive altered search results when searching via Ask.com page. This is a widely-utilized method to generate more visits for specific domains. To do that, we suggest using Anti-Malware Tool. By clicking on a seemingly harmless search result, you could end up on suspicious sites, thus, sometimes exposing your PC to invasive web content as you might be redirected to websites hosting intrusive software.
Make sure to conduct a complete removal of Free-converterz.com as soon as possible with paying your utmost attention. You can find a guide how to do it below this article. Our manual removal instructions will help you to get rid of Free-converterz.com. The program does not seem to work on the Edge browser yet. However, the problem is that their search results were set to include a lot of promotional links that were disguised as regular search results. You should also check browser extensions for Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. Therefore, the ads might appear in the modified results.
HOW TO REMOVE Free-converterz.com.com virus?
- Integrates into the web browser via the Free-converterz.com browser extension
- Common Free-converterz.com behavior and some other text emplaining som info related to behavior
- Free-converterz.com Deactivates Installed Security Software.
- Shows Fake Security Alerts, Pop-ups and Ads.
- Installs itself without permissions
- Changes user's homepage
- Steals or uses your Confidential Data
- Modifies Desktop and Browser Settings.
- Redirect your browser to infected pages.
- Distributes itself through pay-per-install or is bundled with third-party software.
- Free-converterz.com Connects to the internet without your permission
- Free-converterz.com Shows commercial adverts
Free-converterz.com effected Windows OS versions
- Windows 8 26%
- Windows 7 29%
- Windows Vista 13%
- Windows XP 32%
Warning, multiple anti-virus scanners have detected possible malware in Free-converterz.com.
|K7 AntiVirus||9.179.12403||Unwanted-Program ( 00454f261 )|
|VIPRE Antivirus||22702||Wajam (fs)|
Remove Free-converterz.com from Windows
Remove Free-converterz.com from Windows XP:
- Drag mouse cursor to the left of the Task Bar and click Start to open a menu.
- Open the Control Panel and double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- Remove the undesirable application.
Remove Free-converterz.com from Windows Vista or Windows 7:
- Click the Start menu icon on the Task Bar and select Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program and locate the undesirable application
- Right-click the application you want to delete and select Uninstall.
Remove Free-converterz.com from Windows 8:
- Right-click on the Metro UI screen, select All apps and then Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program and right-click the application you want to delete.
- Select Uninstall.
Remove Free-converterz.com from Your Browsers
Remove Free-converterz.com from Internet Explorer
- Go for Alt+T and click on Internet Options.
- In this section, move to the 'Advanced' tab and then click on the 'Reset' button.
- Navigate to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' → then to 'Delete personal settings' and press on 'Reset' option.
- After this, click on 'Close' and go for OK to have modifications saved.
- Click on the tabs Alt+T and go for Manage Add-ons. Move to Toolbars and Extensions and here, get rid of the unwanted extensions.
- Click on Search Providers and set any page as your new search tool.
Delete Free-converterz.com from Mozilla Firefox
- As you have your browser opened, type in about:addons in the shown URL field.
- Move through Extensions and Addons list, delete the items having something in common with Free-converterz.com (or those which you may find unfamiliar). If the extension is not provided by Mozilla, Google, Microsoft, Oracle or Adobe, you should be almost sure you have to erase it.
- Then, reset Firefox by doing this: move to Firefox ->Help (Help in menu for OSX users) -> Troubleshooting Information. Finally,Reset Firefox.
Terminate Free-converterz.com from Chrome
- In the displayed URL field, type in chrome://extensions.
- Take a look at the provided extensions and take care of those which you find unnecessary (those related to Free-converterz.com) by deleting it. If you do not know whether one or another must be deleted once and for all, disable some of them temporarily.
- Then, restart Chrome.
- Optionally, you may type in chrome://settings in URL bar, move to Advanced settings, navigate to the bottom and choose Reset browser settings.