How can Search.searchemn.com hijack your PC without your knowledge?
Search.searchemn.com virus is a browser hijacker that can be installed to random computers without users’ knowledge. This website is usually reached after the user’s browser has been hijacked by trojans related to the rogue scam. That’s because of the browser hijacker that alters computer’s settings and initiates annoying redirections to Search.searchemn.com or other websites. Then it keeps redirecting you to Search.searchemn.com website where Internet Security 2010 application is promoted. You must get rid of it as soon as you detect the tool on your system.
Search engines promoted by Search.searchemn.com might seem very similar to Google or Yahoo from the first look but don’t get tricked by their simple design. Such distribution method is called bundling. Beware that it can easily alter your start page, the default search engine, the new tab page, bookmarks list and similar settings. Do you want to test your computer and see if Search.searchemn.com is installed on it? Perhaps your system is being slow, and you constantly see pop-up ads on your screen when you browse the web? Also, be attentive while installing new programs. Finish the installation only when you are sure that all check boxes claiming that you accept to set Search.searchemn.com virus as your default homepage and start page are unmarked.
How can Search.searchemn.com search harm my computer? According to security vendors, it’s not malicious.
As noted above, Search.searchemn.com hijacks web browsers if the user agrees to install its plug-in along with freeware. Otherwise we advice to use special removal tools, such as Anti-Malware Tool. For more information about this Google Redirect Virus follow this link: Usually browser hijackers replace users’ homepages with another page, in this case, Search.searchemn.com. Do not forget that malware might have entered your system together with Search.searchemn.com as well, so it is very important to check the system’s condition and remove suspicious applications. IP address, Internet Service Provider (ISP), geographic location, URLs and websites visited, search queries, operating system type, browser type, etc.
This infection is very comprehensive because it can infect Windows computers, Apple products or even mobile devices running on Android. However, this search engine is worthless as it does not deliver relevant search outcomes. This is one of the reasons to remove Search.searchemn.com using an anti-malware program, so it would eliminate all potentially unwanted programs and keep your system safe. not be changed because the PUP has already been installed separately from the program it was bundled with. This alone would not be a big issue;
How to remove this browser hijacker from my system?
If you click on content that comes from crooks, you may find yourself on malicious websites. If you use Internet Explorer, you will just need to find the browser hijacker’s entry on the list and click the Search.searchemn.com/Uninstall button. Make sure you always follow the installation steps and do not allow changing your homepage, adding any toolbars or installing other applications that you are not aware of. When the removal process is complete, get yourself a reliable computer security program that will watch over your system in the future. First of all, make sure you opt for a Custom installation mode.
- Common Search.searchemn.com behavior and some other text emplaining som info related to behavior
- Distributes itself through pay-per-install or is bundled with third-party software.
- Slows internet connection
- Redirect your browser to infected pages.
- Integrates into the web browser via the Search.searchemn.com browser extension
- Steals or uses your Confidential Data
- Shows Fake Security Alerts, Pop-ups and Ads.
- Modifies Desktop and Browser Settings.
- Search.searchemn.com Shows commercial adverts
- Changes user's homepage
- Search.searchemn.com Deactivates Installed Security Software.
Search.searchemn.com effected Windows OS versions
- Windows 8 28%
- Windows 7 34%
- Windows Vista 7%
- Windows XP 31%
Warning, multiple anti-virus scanners have detected possible malware in Search.searchemn.com.
|VIPRE Antivirus||22702||Wajam (fs)|
|K7 AntiVirus||9.179.12403||Unwanted-Program ( 00454f261 )|
Remove Search.searchemn.com from Windows
Remove Search.searchemn.com from Windows XP:
- Drag mouse cursor to the left of the Task Bar and click Start to open a menu.
- Open the Control Panel and double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- Remove the undesirable application.
Remove Search.searchemn.com from Windows Vista or Windows 7:
- Click the Start menu icon on the Task Bar and select Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program and locate the undesirable application
- Right-click the application you want to delete and select Uninstall.
Remove Search.searchemn.com from Windows 8:
- Right-click on the Metro UI screen, select All apps and then Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program and right-click the application you want to delete.
- Select Uninstall.
Remove Search.searchemn.com from Your Browsers
Remove Search.searchemn.com from Internet Explorer
- Go for Alt+T and click on Internet Options.
- In this section, move to the 'Advanced' tab and then click on the 'Reset' button.
- Navigate to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' → then to 'Delete personal settings' and press on 'Reset' option.
- After this, click on 'Close' and go for OK to have modifications saved.
- Click on the tabs Alt+T and go for Manage Add-ons. Move to Toolbars and Extensions and here, get rid of the unwanted extensions.
- Click on Search Providers and set any page as your new search tool.
Delete Search.searchemn.com from Mozilla Firefox
- As you have your browser opened, type in about:addons in the shown URL field.
- Move through Extensions and Addons list, delete the items having something in common with Search.searchemn.com (or those which you may find unfamiliar). If the extension is not provided by Mozilla, Google, Microsoft, Oracle or Adobe, you should be almost sure you have to erase it.
- Then, reset Firefox by doing this: move to Firefox ->Help (Help in menu for OSX users) -> Troubleshooting Information. Finally,Reset Firefox.
Terminate Search.searchemn.com from Chrome
- In the displayed URL field, type in chrome://extensions.
- Take a look at the provided extensions and take care of those which you find unnecessary (those related to Search.searchemn.com) by deleting it. If you do not know whether one or another must be deleted once and for all, disable some of them temporarily.
- Then, restart Chrome.
- Optionally, you may type in chrome://settings in URL bar, move to Advanced settings, navigate to the bottom and choose Reset browser settings.