What you should know about Resultshunt.com website:
As we have already mentioned, the program itself is not harmful, but it is far from being useful either. The name of the malicious program responsible for opening this domain is unknown, but it should be an advertising-supported application, or adware, according to specialists at 2virus-removal.com. called Resultshunt.com virus. Some users decide to leave this search tool in the place of the default search engine; Of course, most of the time the users themselves allow these modifications to take place while installing potentially unwanted programs or a whole freeware bundle packed with malware infections. If you need a detailed guide for that, you should look down to its detailed removal guide. It might expose to potential threats, they say.
So, the only thing Resultshunt.com does well is malware redirecting or initiating redirect issue during the Search. Basically it comes bundled with various players and other applications that you can download from the Internet for free. This is done using a suspicious distribution method, which is called bundling. That is one of the reasons why Resultshunt.com is categorized as a potentially unwanted program. This software functions suspiciously, and it also collects personal information about you. Instead of doing that, you should Resultshunt.com My Speed Test ASAP.
How did my computer get infected by Resultshunt.com?
Malware analysts are are now actively looking for other members of SaferBrowser family of hijackers. Firstly, make sure to download your software from official vendors’ websites only because such sites do not tend to provide bundled installers. That is, whenever you download freeware from file-sharing websites, check the installation wizard for any additional programs you might be letting into your system. You can also follow these steps: The key is careful behavior online and attentive software installation. All of these browser hijackers work in exactly the same manner and have the same goals. Nonetheless, Yahoo won’t be responsible for every URL, found in the results pages.
Since it is a browser hijacker, Startpage home attacks your PC while you are installing new freeware. Otherwise, you may find yourself dealing with such issues: That is why you have to be mindful when installing any free program from the Internet. Among the links named ads, you may find links that have nothing in common with your primary search term. Some versions of this hijacker install software that blocks browser settings from changing. To be sure that the removal procedure has been successful, be sure to recheck your entire operating system for anything associated with Resultshunt.com as soon as you are done with the instructions below.
HOW TO REMOVE Resultshunt.com toolbar?
The one way to eliminate the browser hijacker is to reset the affected browser. Then, you can already guess how this hijacker has slipped into your computer. You can do it manually by following the instructions we have provided below this article. Please refer to our removal instructions in order to get rid of this browser hijacker. Never agree to change your search provider or start page to unknown websites or add extra programs that are not familiar to you.
- Resultshunt.com Shows commercial adverts
- Common Resultshunt.com behavior and some other text emplaining som info related to behavior
- Integrates into the web browser via the Resultshunt.com browser extension
- Slows internet connection
- Installs itself without permissions
- Resultshunt.com Deactivates Installed Security Software.
- Steals or uses your Confidential Data
- Changes user's homepage
- Shows Fake Security Alerts, Pop-ups and Ads.
- Distributes itself through pay-per-install or is bundled with third-party software.
- Resultshunt.com Connects to the internet without your permission
Resultshunt.com effected Windows OS versions
- Windows 8 30%
- Windows 7 33%
- Windows Vista 7%
- Windows XP 30%
Warning, multiple anti-virus scanners have detected possible malware in Resultshunt.com.
|VIPRE Antivirus||22702||Wajam (fs)|
|K7 AntiVirus||9.179.12403||Unwanted-Program ( 00454f261 )|
Remove Resultshunt.com from Windows
Remove Resultshunt.com from Windows XP:
- Drag mouse cursor to the left of the Task Bar and click Start to open a menu.
- Open the Control Panel and double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- Remove the undesirable application.
Remove Resultshunt.com from Windows Vista or Windows 7:
- Click the Start menu icon on the Task Bar and select Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program and locate the undesirable application
- Right-click the application you want to delete and select Uninstall.
Remove Resultshunt.com from Windows 8:
- Right-click on the Metro UI screen, select All apps and then Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program and right-click the application you want to delete.
- Select Uninstall.
Remove Resultshunt.com from Your Browsers
Remove Resultshunt.com from Internet Explorer
- Go for Alt+T and click on Internet Options.
- In this section, move to the 'Advanced' tab and then click on the 'Reset' button.
- Navigate to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' → then to 'Delete personal settings' and press on 'Reset' option.
- After this, click on 'Close' and go for OK to have modifications saved.
- Click on the tabs Alt+T and go for Manage Add-ons. Move to Toolbars and Extensions and here, get rid of the unwanted extensions.
- Click on Search Providers and set any page as your new search tool.
Delete Resultshunt.com from Mozilla Firefox
- As you have your browser opened, type in about:addons in the shown URL field.
- Move through Extensions and Addons list, delete the items having something in common with Resultshunt.com (or those which you may find unfamiliar). If the extension is not provided by Mozilla, Google, Microsoft, Oracle or Adobe, you should be almost sure you have to erase it.
- Then, reset Firefox by doing this: move to Firefox ->Help (Help in menu for OSX users) -> Troubleshooting Information. Finally,Reset Firefox.
Terminate Resultshunt.com from Chrome
- In the displayed URL field, type in chrome://extensions.
- Take a look at the provided extensions and take care of those which you find unnecessary (those related to Resultshunt.com) by deleting it. If you do not know whether one or another must be deleted once and for all, disable some of them temporarily.
- Then, restart Chrome.
- Optionally, you may type in chrome://settings in URL bar, move to Advanced settings, navigate to the bottom and choose Reset browser settings.