How to know if you are dealing with FreeTemplateFinder virus?
To remove FreeTemplateFinder virus, run a full system scan with a reputable anti-malware program, like Anti-Malware Tool or StopZilla. No matter how harmless and even useful it looks, you should keep in mind that such search sites are mostly used for promoting affiliate websites that seek to improve their page rank or want to increase the number of their visitors. As it modifies your browsers’ setting without bothering to ask for a proper permission, everything falls into place. In this article about FreeTemplateFinder, we are going to explain what situation you are dealing with. For as long as this hijacker is fully running on your operating system your web browsing experience will become an annoying and frustrating one, to put it mildly.
If you suspect your search provider has been changed due to any of the above reasons and when browsing the Internet you get redirected to pages you did not intend to visit, you should remove the toolbar that causes redirections. It’s a marketing technique that allows spreading various freewares bundled with ‘additional components’ (add-ons, plug-ins, toolbars, extenstiont) in one pack. It also displays pop up ads while you are making searches using an infected browser. How can an innocent-looking search engine bring malicious content into your system? Beware that it may return altered search results that may redirect you to unwanted websites. Moreover, it can replace your homepage with its dubious search engine, which is considerably dangerous as it is known to be causing FreeTemplateFinder redirects to third-party websites.
How to avoid infiltration of such software packages?
The aforesaid adjustments to your browser are accomplished so that FreeTemplateFinder can sort the search results to your query. It has a regular search field and even suggests to to quickly reach some of your favorite websites, like Google, Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Yahoo, Amazon or Gmail. This is another strong reason to stay away from FreeTemplateFinder and remove it from your browsers as soon as you detect it. It makes all search results pages redirected through their own search results pages. FreeTemplateFinder Search is not considered to be a malware, but the way how it infiltrates into the system and what consequences it brings definitely makes it a potentially unwanted program. The more ads get clicked on, the more revenue they have.
There is no doubt that FreeTemplateFinder is not a reliable search provider. Of course, it would be quicker to erase it automatically. Furthermore, we have investigated this software and found out another disagreeable fact about this browser hijacker – it is able to track your browsing activity! This might take some time and require some effort. on your computer, you should opt for Advanced or Custom installation mode (NOT Quick, Basic, Standard or Default), carefully look through each checkbox and unmark ticks that are marked next to agreements to install Furthermore, include pornographic, gambling or other websites of ill-repute in your blacklist and never visit them.
Already installed FreeTemplateFinder? It is not a big problem!
You should also check browser extensions for Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. As we care about your safety, we have prepared instructions and placed them below this article in order to help you with the removal of this suspicious search engine. Follow the installation steps of any free programs that you are downloading from the Internet. Although it is great at automatically eliminating all infections, it is most useful when it comes to the protection of your operating system. The tutorial for the manual removal of FreeTemplateFinder browser hijacker is placed below. The easiest and quickest way to remove FreeTemplateFinder is by using antivirus programs that can detect and remove infection automatically.
- Integrates into the web browser via the FreeTemplateFinder browser extension
- FreeTemplateFinder Connects to the internet without your permission
- Shows Fake Security Alerts, Pop-ups and Ads.
- Changes user's homepage
- Distributes itself through pay-per-install or is bundled with third-party software.
- Redirect your browser to infected pages.
FreeTemplateFinder effected Windows OS versions
- Windows 8 28%
- Windows 7 34%
- Windows Vista 11%
- Windows XP 27%
Warning, multiple anti-virus scanners have detected possible malware in FreeTemplateFinder.
|K7 AntiVirus||9.179.12403||Unwanted-Program ( 00454f261 )|
|VIPRE Antivirus||22702||Wajam (fs)|
Remove FreeTemplateFinder from Windows
Remove FreeTemplateFinder from Windows XP:
- Drag mouse cursor to the left of the Task Bar and click Start to open a menu.
- Open the Control Panel and double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- Remove the undesirable application.
Remove FreeTemplateFinder from Windows Vista or Windows 7:
- Click the Start menu icon on the Task Bar and select Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program and locate the undesirable application
- Right-click the application you want to delete and select Uninstall.
Remove FreeTemplateFinder from Windows 8:
- Right-click on the Metro UI screen, select All apps and then Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program and right-click the application you want to delete.
- Select Uninstall.
Remove FreeTemplateFinder from Your Browsers
Remove FreeTemplateFinder from Internet Explorer
- Go for Alt+T and click on Internet Options.
- In this section, move to the 'Advanced' tab and then click on the 'Reset' button.
- Navigate to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' → then to 'Delete personal settings' and press on 'Reset' option.
- After this, click on 'Close' and go for OK to have modifications saved.
- Click on the tabs Alt+T and go for Manage Add-ons. Move to Toolbars and Extensions and here, get rid of the unwanted extensions.
- Click on Search Providers and set any page as your new search tool.
Delete FreeTemplateFinder from Mozilla Firefox
- As you have your browser opened, type in about:addons in the shown URL field.
- Move through Extensions and Addons list, delete the items having something in common with FreeTemplateFinder (or those which you may find unfamiliar). If the extension is not provided by Mozilla, Google, Microsoft, Oracle or Adobe, you should be almost sure you have to erase it.
- Then, reset Firefox by doing this: move to Firefox ->Help (Help in menu for OSX users) -> Troubleshooting Information. Finally,Reset Firefox.
Terminate FreeTemplateFinder from Chrome
- In the displayed URL field, type in chrome://extensions.
- Take a look at the provided extensions and take care of those which you find unnecessary (those related to FreeTemplateFinder) by deleting it. If you do not know whether one or another must be deleted once and for all, disable some of them temporarily.
- Then, restart Chrome.
- Optionally, you may type in chrome://settings in URL bar, move to Advanced settings, navigate to the bottom and choose Reset browser settings.