I’m infected with Specif1c.com?! Is it a virus?
Specif1c.com plug-in is usually installed with freewares and sharewares. This platform should not be associated with a serious computer infection. Don’t worry, it’s not a virus and does not have anything in common with another malicious application. Unfortunately, we have doubts that Specif1c.com ads are reliable. Secondly, this program is labeled as an adware. To avoid this happening, you have to be very careful when installing freewares and NEVER accept to install additional components that they may be filled with. However, after installing this app on your computer, you may start seeing Specif1c.com ads in your search results.
If you have been following Website for a while, you must have heard about bundling. If you want to prevent its infiltration, you have to remember how it’s spread. It’s risky to keep such and similar programs on a computer because they may not only annoy and disrupt normal web browsing, but also trick you into installing other suspicious programs and collect personally non-identifiable information about you. Specif1c.com”, “Specif1c.com Ads, “brought by Of course, you can select Quick or Basic installation option and save several minutes of your precious time, but it’s very likely that after such installation you will find various suspicious programs on your computer. Various browser add-ons, plug-ins, toolbars, and extensions are indicated in a tricky manner during installation and set by default. As you understand, this can cause additional malware to be installed on your machine.
How did this program manage to install itself on my system without my intervention?
You should remove adwares like Specif1c.com by using some legitimate and trustworthy anti-spyware like Anti-Malware Tool. Specif1c.com tracks your web browsing history to display customized commercial ads. can be removed manually. For this matter, we have prepared the manual removal instructions for you (scroll down and you will find them below the article). Once your online profiling is complete, you will notice a lot of commercial pop-ups and other types of ads on online shopping malls. Once the unwanted software is found, it should be removed in few minutes.
How to remove this computer parasite?
If this annoying computer parasite has already infected your PC, you probably want to remove it. Below you will find the manual removal instructions, and you should follow them step by step. It means that the removal of this player on its own can hardly fix your computer completely. In case you have some questions regarding this topic, feel free to ask them in the comments section below. Step-by-step instructions presented below will guide you through the process. Specif1c.com adware from your computer.
- Slows internet connection
- Specif1c.com Shows commercial adverts
- Modifies Desktop and Browser Settings.
- Shows Fake Security Alerts, Pop-ups and Ads.
- Redirect your browser to infected pages.
- Changes user's homepage
- Specif1c.com Connects to the internet without your permission
- Installs itself without permissions
Specif1c.com effected Windows OS versions
- Windows 8 28%
- Windows 7 25%
- Windows Vista 10%
- Windows XP 37%
Warning, multiple anti-virus scanners have detected possible malware in Specif1c.com.
|VIPRE Antivirus||22702||Wajam (fs)|
|K7 AntiVirus||9.179.12403||Unwanted-Program ( 00454f261 )|
Remove Specif1c.com from Windows
Remove Specif1c.com from Windows XP:
- Drag mouse cursor to the left of the Task Bar and click Start to open a menu.
- Open the Control Panel and double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- Remove the undesirable application.
Remove Specif1c.com from Windows Vista or Windows 7:
- Click the Start menu icon on the Task Bar and select Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program and locate the undesirable application
- Right-click the application you want to delete and select Uninstall.
Remove Specif1c.com from Windows 8:
- Right-click on the Metro UI screen, select All apps and then Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program and right-click the application you want to delete.
- Select Uninstall.
Remove Specif1c.com from Your Browsers
Remove Specif1c.com from Internet Explorer
- Go for Alt+T and click on Internet Options.
- In this section, move to the 'Advanced' tab and then click on the 'Reset' button.
- Navigate to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' → then to 'Delete personal settings' and press on 'Reset' option.
- After this, click on 'Close' and go for OK to have modifications saved.
- Click on the tabs Alt+T and go for Manage Add-ons. Move to Toolbars and Extensions and here, get rid of the unwanted extensions.
- Click on Search Providers and set any page as your new search tool.
Delete Specif1c.com from Mozilla Firefox
- As you have your browser opened, type in about:addons in the shown URL field.
- Move through Extensions and Addons list, delete the items having something in common with Specif1c.com (or those which you may find unfamiliar). If the extension is not provided by Mozilla, Google, Microsoft, Oracle or Adobe, you should be almost sure you have to erase it.
- Then, reset Firefox by doing this: move to Firefox ->Help (Help in menu for OSX users) -> Troubleshooting Information. Finally,Reset Firefox.
Terminate Specif1c.com from Chrome
- In the displayed URL field, type in chrome://extensions.
- Take a look at the provided extensions and take care of those which you find unnecessary (those related to Specif1c.com) by deleting it. If you do not know whether one or another must be deleted once and for all, disable some of them temporarily.
- Then, restart Chrome.
- Optionally, you may type in chrome://settings in URL bar, move to Advanced settings, navigate to the bottom and choose Reset browser settings.