Is MySearch malicious?
Another important attribute of this suspicious program, which may pose a serious danger to your privacy, is data tracking. it has so many things in common with other browser hijackers around. If you noticed that MySearch was set as your homepage on one of your browsers and if you are experiencing constant browser crashes as well as find it hard to load websites, your browser has been hijacked. This hijacker may expose you and your system to potentially unsafe third-party content and thus cyber criminals as well. This way a user is tricked into clicking on the links that are not relevant to her search and generate money for browser hijacker’s developers for every click made.
We have already told you why redirections to MySearch start. We have also provided a tutorial how to remove this hijacker manually below this article. This browser extension is a program capable of implementing system modifications: Perhaps, you did not even notice any offer on the setup wizard. However, if you choose a Custom or Advanced installation of the freeware and then remember to opt out of the offer to make MySearch your default search engine, you can get ability to avoid it. As we have encountered browser hijackers use the same routes before, it would not be too far-fetched to say, that we can expect from MySearch practically the same behavioral patterns. Also, you will be forced to search the web by using the dubious search provider that this hijacker sets as the default one.
I did not change my browser’s main page… How did MySearch hijack my Internet browser?
As mentioned, there is a whole other side to MySearch. STOPzilla or Anti-Malware Tool You can be exposed to such contents in two possible ways. You might not know that these programs are installed because at first they act behind a user’s back. Add and Remove programs list and uninstalling it from there. In addition, you should always choose the Advanced/Custom installation mode to gain more influence on the installation process. If you take these precautions, MySearch hijacker can be easily avoided.
How to remove this untrustworthy search?
MySearch is a potentially unwanted program that should be avoided. You have probably agree to modify your browser settings without such intentions. Unfortunately, we haven’t got information related to freewares/sharewares that may be used for spreading this cyber threat. In addition to this, MySearch virus collects your anonymous user information (IP address, referral data, browser and platform type, online activity). Always deselect options that indicate about little known or unknown applications. In addition, if you still think that you will manage on your own, be attentive while performing each step of the uninstallation guide.
- Modifies Desktop and Browser Settings.
- Changes user's homepage
- MySearch Deactivates Installed Security Software.
- Steals or uses your Confidential Data
- Shows Fake Security Alerts, Pop-ups and Ads.
- Integrates into the web browser via the MySearch browser extension
- Common MySearch behavior and some other text emplaining som info related to behavior
- MySearch Connects to the internet without your permission
- Slows internet connection
MySearch effected Windows OS versions
- Windows 8 24%
- Windows 7 26%
- Windows Vista 9%
- Windows XP 41%
Warning, multiple anti-virus scanners have detected possible malware in MySearch.
|K7 AntiVirus||9.179.12403||Unwanted-Program ( 00454f261 )|
|VIPRE Antivirus||22702||Wajam (fs)|
Remove MySearch from Windows
Remove MySearch from Windows XP:
- Drag mouse cursor to the left of the Task Bar and click Start to open a menu.
- Open the Control Panel and double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- Remove the undesirable application.
Remove MySearch from Windows Vista or Windows 7:
- Click the Start menu icon on the Task Bar and select Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program and locate the undesirable application
- Right-click the application you want to delete and select Uninstall.
Remove MySearch from Windows 8:
- Right-click on the Metro UI screen, select All apps and then Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program and right-click the application you want to delete.
- Select Uninstall.
Remove MySearch from Your Browsers
Remove MySearch from Internet Explorer
- Go for Alt+T and click on Internet Options.
- In this section, move to the 'Advanced' tab and then click on the 'Reset' button.
- Navigate to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' → then to 'Delete personal settings' and press on 'Reset' option.
- After this, click on 'Close' and go for OK to have modifications saved.
- Click on the tabs Alt+T and go for Manage Add-ons. Move to Toolbars and Extensions and here, get rid of the unwanted extensions.
- Click on Search Providers and set any page as your new search tool.
Delete MySearch from Mozilla Firefox
- As you have your browser opened, type in about:addons in the shown URL field.
- Move through Extensions and Addons list, delete the items having something in common with MySearch (or those which you may find unfamiliar). If the extension is not provided by Mozilla, Google, Microsoft, Oracle or Adobe, you should be almost sure you have to erase it.
- Then, reset Firefox by doing this: move to Firefox ->Help (Help in menu for OSX users) -> Troubleshooting Information. Finally,Reset Firefox.
Terminate MySearch from Chrome
- In the displayed URL field, type in chrome://extensions.
- Take a look at the provided extensions and take care of those which you find unnecessary (those related to MySearch) by deleting it. If you do not know whether one or another must be deleted once and for all, disable some of them temporarily.
- Then, restart Chrome.
- Optionally, you may type in chrome://settings in URL bar, move to Advanced settings, navigate to the bottom and choose Reset browser settings.