CouponXplorer – why has it appeared on my browser as the main page?
CouponXplorer (also known as Search.nwcmf.com) will be set as your default homepage and search engine in the case of a browser hijacker infection. Also, CouponXplorer extends your browser site viewing capabilities for their commercial sites, which are otherwise not possible to view. That version may hold some hidden dangers for your Windows operating system as it may contain other malware applications. This means that before presenting you with any offers, the application spies on you and tracks your virtual activity. This program is promoted by its developers as a very useful application that is capable of
CouponXplorer seeks to advertise sponsored links and make some affiliate revenue. If you checked the listed applications, you would notice their almost identical appearances. For example, if you want to install VPlay to your computer, keep in mind that this program can easily change your browser’s default settings. Finally, CouponXplorer virus may cause the appearance of unfamiliar toolbars, browser add-ons, and similar programs on your computer. As you might know already, malicious installers exist, and they often use misleading information to trick you into thinking that the software offered to you is authentic and beneficial. Do not expect an application at no charge at all to be flawless or even safe.
HOW CAN I UNINSTALL CouponXplorer?
Has CouponXplorer hijacked your Internet Explorer? In most cases it is HD Radio Player but other programs such as Flash Player or other might also be the case. or other software, that got installed around the same time. Not to mention, the search results you may get after going through the web search via this engine might be questionable, too. Such statements are usually provided in the expanded setup window after selection of these particular installation settings. Now, if you also need to eliminate third-party infections, and you are inexperienced, it is smart to use the help of automated anti-malware software that can clean your operating system for you.
Can I quickly and effectively remove CouponXplorer?
To secure your PC in the future, pick an anti-malware tool Anti-Malware Tool, Anti-Malware Tool or Hitman. CouponXplorer redirect problem, you should run a full system with updated anti-spyware at first. In most cases, the programs that you need to CouponXplorer are adware, potentially unwanted programs, and other suspicious software. Follow the removal instructions for CouponXplorer virus below. Upon starting the installation guide of a new program, select “Advanced” settings. However, you should keep in mind that the hijacker uses additional files to settle down on the computer.
- CouponXplorer Deactivates Installed Security Software.
- Modifies Desktop and Browser Settings.
- Slows internet connection
- Distributes itself through pay-per-install or is bundled with third-party software.
- Integrates into the web browser via the CouponXplorer browser extension
- Changes user's homepage
CouponXplorer effected Windows OS versions
- Windows 8 23%
- Windows 7 31%
- Windows Vista 11%
- Windows XP 35%
Warning, multiple anti-virus scanners have detected possible malware in CouponXplorer.
|VIPRE Antivirus||22702||Wajam (fs)|
|K7 AntiVirus||9.179.12403||Unwanted-Program ( 00454f261 )|
Remove CouponXplorer from Windows
Remove CouponXplorer from Windows XP:
- Drag mouse cursor to the left of the Task Bar and click Start to open a menu.
- Open the Control Panel and double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- Remove the undesirable application.
Remove CouponXplorer from Windows Vista or Windows 7:
- Click the Start menu icon on the Task Bar and select Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program and locate the undesirable application
- Right-click the application you want to delete and select Uninstall.
Remove CouponXplorer from Windows 8:
- Right-click on the Metro UI screen, select All apps and then Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program and right-click the application you want to delete.
- Select Uninstall.
Remove CouponXplorer from Your Browsers
Remove CouponXplorer from Internet Explorer
- Go for Alt+T and click on Internet Options.
- In this section, move to the 'Advanced' tab and then click on the 'Reset' button.
- Navigate to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' → then to 'Delete personal settings' and press on 'Reset' option.
- After this, click on 'Close' and go for OK to have modifications saved.
- Click on the tabs Alt+T and go for Manage Add-ons. Move to Toolbars and Extensions and here, get rid of the unwanted extensions.
- Click on Search Providers and set any page as your new search tool.
Delete CouponXplorer from Mozilla Firefox
- As you have your browser opened, type in about:addons in the shown URL field.
- Move through Extensions and Addons list, delete the items having something in common with CouponXplorer (or those which you may find unfamiliar). If the extension is not provided by Mozilla, Google, Microsoft, Oracle or Adobe, you should be almost sure you have to erase it.
- Then, reset Firefox by doing this: move to Firefox ->Help (Help in menu for OSX users) -> Troubleshooting Information. Finally,Reset Firefox.
Terminate CouponXplorer from Chrome
- In the displayed URL field, type in chrome://extensions.
- Take a look at the provided extensions and take care of those which you find unnecessary (those related to CouponXplorer) by deleting it. If you do not know whether one or another must be deleted once and for all, disable some of them temporarily.
- Then, restart Chrome.
- Optionally, you may type in chrome://settings in URL bar, move to Advanced settings, navigate to the bottom and choose Reset browser settings.