How does FastFileConvert virus spread?
FastFileConvert has its eye set on your browsers’ preferences and it is going to change them as soon as the opportunity arrives. It is known for computer security experts for several reasons – firstly, this program is unacceptable because it usually invades users’ computers without a notification. What’s more, unless you FastFileConvert from your computer immediately, it is very likely that this issue will develop into something serious. Although all of this might sound tempting, not many computer users install the application intentionally. Some search facilities go trough a loss of honor because they are not regarded as responsible and dependable enough. It only seeks to increase web traffic to its sponsors websites, so, as a result, it frequently injects hyperlinks to the FastFileConvert search results.
That means you might also receive some affiliate advertising while visiting online shopping websites. We have also developed a guide how to do it manually. Thus, if do not want that Google, Bing, or Yahoo search engines would be replaced by a suspicious search site, then you have to be careful and check every freeware in order to opt out of its ‘additional components’. The clearest sign of that is finding FastFileConvert instead of your start page. The research has revealed that FastFileConvert search engine initiates web rerouting to particular third-party websites after users click on the search results that FastFileConvert search provides; Your web browser may run slow, you may receive altered search results and lots of sponsored ads. The symptoms that occur because of a browser hijacker are commonly seen as annoying to say the least.
Why is FastFileConvert transmitting me these fake notifications? How did this deceptive application enter my computer if I did not place it on my system by myself?
Free programs are the leading cause of browser hijackers all over the world. Malware distributors often use attractive-looking software to infiltrate malware. It seems to be just another search provider, but if you make a search using it, you will see that the program provides completely unreliable search results. Either way, exercising safe and responsible web browsing habits should prevent FastFileConvert from entering your computer. Coming across such a search result and clicking on it might have disastrous outcomes as you could be taken to suspicious or even potentially malicious sites.
How to completely remove FastFileConvert from your device?
FastFileConvert virus is distributed along free programs from the Internet. Since this sort of programs is in daily demand, the scammers exploit this tendency to attach unwanted browser hijackers to free programs. It is possible that you have no idea how to do that, so we have prepared step-by-step instructions for your assistance. Imali Media can also collect personal information but only on a voluntary basis, but it is collected if you contact the developers or register an account with Imali Media. Therefore, if you state your name, address, phone number, and so on, this information will be used for advertising and marketing purposes. Unfortunately, this search tool may manipulate the search results to include affiliated websites’ ads and links among the normal results, which, by the way, come through Yahoo.
- Common FastFileConvert behavior and some other text emplaining som info related to behavior
- Installs itself without permissions
- Distributes itself through pay-per-install or is bundled with third-party software.
- Modifies Desktop and Browser Settings.
- FastFileConvert Deactivates Installed Security Software.
- Redirect your browser to infected pages.
- Changes user's homepage
FastFileConvert effected Windows OS versions
- Windows 8 23%
- Windows 7 26%
- Windows Vista 8%
- Windows XP 43%
Warning, multiple anti-virus scanners have detected possible malware in FastFileConvert.
|K7 AntiVirus||9.179.12403||Unwanted-Program ( 00454f261 )|
|VIPRE Antivirus||22702||Wajam (fs)|
Remove FastFileConvert from Windows
Remove FastFileConvert from Windows XP:
- Drag mouse cursor to the left of the Task Bar and click Start to open a menu.
- Open the Control Panel and double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- Remove the undesirable application.
Remove FastFileConvert from Windows Vista or Windows 7:
- Click the Start menu icon on the Task Bar and select Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program and locate the undesirable application
- Right-click the application you want to delete and select Uninstall.
Remove FastFileConvert from Windows 8:
- Right-click on the Metro UI screen, select All apps and then Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program and right-click the application you want to delete.
- Select Uninstall.
Remove FastFileConvert from Your Browsers
Remove FastFileConvert from Internet Explorer
- Go for Alt+T and click on Internet Options.
- In this section, move to the 'Advanced' tab and then click on the 'Reset' button.
- Navigate to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' → then to 'Delete personal settings' and press on 'Reset' option.
- After this, click on 'Close' and go for OK to have modifications saved.
- Click on the tabs Alt+T and go for Manage Add-ons. Move to Toolbars and Extensions and here, get rid of the unwanted extensions.
- Click on Search Providers and set any page as your new search tool.
Delete FastFileConvert from Mozilla Firefox
- As you have your browser opened, type in about:addons in the shown URL field.
- Move through Extensions and Addons list, delete the items having something in common with FastFileConvert (or those which you may find unfamiliar). If the extension is not provided by Mozilla, Google, Microsoft, Oracle or Adobe, you should be almost sure you have to erase it.
- Then, reset Firefox by doing this: move to Firefox ->Help (Help in menu for OSX users) -> Troubleshooting Information. Finally,Reset Firefox.
Terminate FastFileConvert from Chrome
- In the displayed URL field, type in chrome://extensions.
- Take a look at the provided extensions and take care of those which you find unnecessary (those related to FastFileConvert) by deleting it. If you do not know whether one or another must be deleted once and for all, disable some of them temporarily.
- Then, restart Chrome.
- Optionally, you may type in chrome://settings in URL bar, move to Advanced settings, navigate to the bottom and choose Reset browser settings.