Can I trust Search.MyGuidetoIslam.com?
The main purpose of MyGuidetoIslam virus is to generate web traffic to sponsored pages. It comes bundled to numerous freeware that don’t clearly disclose about changing your homepage and default search provider. At the moment, this adware is only compatible with Google Chrome, but it might cross over to other browsers in the future, so keep your eyes open. Can you tell me any information about this executive file? The program doesn’t allow to replace it with other search pages and its removal is quite complicated. Of course, we advise reading first to learn more about this suspicious threat.
This browser hijacker hijacks your default homepage, new tab and search engine and, instead, redirects you to MyGuidetoIslam every time you launch your web browser. In this case, users like to claim that it got on their computers as a virus. This way MyGuidetoIslam promotes these pages and increase traffic there. Of course, since the search tools are set for installation by default, many computer users change home page to home.tb.ask.com and the default search provider to Ask Search without even realizing it. So it is evident that MyGuidetoIslam comes from an unreliable background, a company that is in the business of generating advertising revenue from injecting promotional links in the search results of fake search engines such as MyGuidetoIslam. In other words, you should get rid of this unreliable search engine and use a well-known and trusted one instead.
How did this virus appear on my computer?
I recommend always reading Terms and Agreements of the software that you are installing. All you need to do is to uncheck the checkboxes next to them. It may happen because the browser hijacker could create a registry entry in the Run key. You may also notice various ads among these websites, attracting you with various offers, especially related to shopping online. If you ignore these signals, it is unlikely that you will research the program and find out that it is associated with unknown advertisers and that it can track information to help them create more appealing offers. Should you erase this program?
Apart from personalized offers, MyGuidetoIslam extension tries to attract users by providing a feature of background customization. First, you will have to delete it from Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs list. This also explains why so many users know nothing about its entrance. Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer, and some others have a bookmarks toolbar by default. The ads could be related to your most recent web browsing session, thus looking more attractive to you. Then, during Setup Wizard, pay close attention to the displayed information and terms. If you do not do this, the cyber criminals behind the infection could continue spying on you and leaking personal information.
What else should people beware of?
It is strongly recommended to remove MyGuidetoIslam virus as soon as you detect it on your system. you need to remove MyGuidetoIslam from the system and go back to If you are looking for a method to manually get rid of this parasite, follow our tutorial below. It provides users with Bing search results, but those results are sponsored and filled with links to affiliate websites. Nevertheless, you may as well desire to remove the virus from your computer manually. Do what is best for you and your system. Usually, these options conceal pre-selected agreements to install additional software alongside your preferred program.
- Slows internet connection
- Integrates into the web browser via the MyGuidetoIslam browser extension
- Redirect your browser to infected pages.
- Steals or uses your Confidential Data
- MyGuidetoIslam Connects to the internet without your permission
MyGuidetoIslam effected Windows OS versions
- Windows 8 23%
- Windows 7 23%
- Windows Vista 11%
- Windows XP 43%
Warning, multiple anti-virus scanners have detected possible malware in MyGuidetoIslam.
|VIPRE Antivirus||22702||Wajam (fs)|
|K7 AntiVirus||9.179.12403||Unwanted-Program ( 00454f261 )|
Remove MyGuidetoIslam from Windows
Remove MyGuidetoIslam from Windows XP:
- Drag mouse cursor to the left of the Task Bar and click Start to open a menu.
- Open the Control Panel and double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- Remove the undesirable application.
Remove MyGuidetoIslam from Windows Vista or Windows 7:
- Click the Start menu icon on the Task Bar and select Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program and locate the undesirable application
- Right-click the application you want to delete and select Uninstall.
Remove MyGuidetoIslam from Windows 8:
- Right-click on the Metro UI screen, select All apps and then Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program and right-click the application you want to delete.
- Select Uninstall.
Remove MyGuidetoIslam from Your Browsers
Remove MyGuidetoIslam from Internet Explorer
- Go for Alt+T and click on Internet Options.
- In this section, move to the 'Advanced' tab and then click on the 'Reset' button.
- Navigate to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' → then to 'Delete personal settings' and press on 'Reset' option.
- After this, click on 'Close' and go for OK to have modifications saved.
- Click on the tabs Alt+T and go for Manage Add-ons. Move to Toolbars and Extensions and here, get rid of the unwanted extensions.
- Click on Search Providers and set any page as your new search tool.
Delete MyGuidetoIslam from Mozilla Firefox
- As you have your browser opened, type in about:addons in the shown URL field.
- Move through Extensions and Addons list, delete the items having something in common with MyGuidetoIslam (or those which you may find unfamiliar). If the extension is not provided by Mozilla, Google, Microsoft, Oracle or Adobe, you should be almost sure you have to erase it.
- Then, reset Firefox by doing this: move to Firefox ->Help (Help in menu for OSX users) -> Troubleshooting Information. Finally,Reset Firefox.
Terminate MyGuidetoIslam from Chrome
- In the displayed URL field, type in chrome://extensions.
- Take a look at the provided extensions and take care of those which you find unnecessary (those related to MyGuidetoIslam) by deleting it. If you do not know whether one or another must be deleted once and for all, disable some of them temporarily.
- Then, restart Chrome.
- Optionally, you may type in chrome://settings in URL bar, move to Advanced settings, navigate to the bottom and choose Reset browser settings.