Why is Comodo dangerous to use?
Comodo extension hijacks your default homepage and search engine. Many computer users think that this software will enhance their web browsing; esurf.biz Comodo promotes dozens of sponsored websites, so you cannot trust its search results. This is unlikely to be the truth. Everybody understands that software that enters computers in this way is untrustworthy and has to be deleted; In addition, it may install other programs alongside so that it would have ability to stay active even after removal.
The creators of Comodo have attempted to represent it as a useful search provider. All gathered information may further be used for marketing purposes and, in some of the cases, may even be applied for creating spam or other misleading messages. or not because once inside of your computer it will change home page and default search engine to www.Comodo on all of your web browsers. Comodo is a functional search engine, but all searches are processed trough Google.com, so there is no point in using it. It is crucial to highlight the fact that reverting this specific change could prove to be more difficult than you might think at first since you will need to manually Comodo files linked to this hijacker.
Reasons why PC users experience Comodo hijack:
Comodo was developed for one purpose – to advertise sponsored websites. This page provides search tools that either redirect to Google Search or Yahoo Search. As you may understand, manual removal of this browser hijacker may take some time and may not be successful because you may leave its registry entries and other components on your computer. You can find our suggested programs and a guide down below: Such setup procedure might even present you with an actual opportunity to cancel the installation of Comodo or any other dubious program. If you are worried about your cyber-safety, you should remove Comodo with a reputable anti-malware program, for example, Anti-Malware Tool.
Beware that the program can easily redirect you to potentially dangerous websites. Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs list and uninstall it from there. It is strongly recommended to remove Comodo and choose a proper search provider. Such procedure is essential. Read the supplementary documentation, that is the License Agreements and the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not worry about unwanted threats attacking your operating system in the future, anti-malware software can ensure that reliable protection is activated at all times. When you reach the final steps, do not forget that you have to modify the Target on all shortcuts of the infected browser.
How to remove a browser hijacker?
That’s a pretty ugly application, huh? avoid browser hijackers, like Comodo, remember that the program can be added to the main installer of some download websites and also bundled to various music and video players, PDF creators, download managers, etc. Specialists working at 2virusremoval.com also say that it might come bundled with unreliable software. is provided below and clearly explains how to uninstall the discussed browser hijacker from your computer. If you do not notice any offers for subsidiary applications, keep in mind that a free program can opt to make changes to your browsers’ settings and that is enough for Comodo to start its reign. It is also important that you keep away from suspicious websites and do not on third-party advertisements if you want to safeguard your PC;
- Modifies Desktop and Browser Settings.
- Common Comodo behavior and some other text emplaining som info related to behavior
- Comodo Connects to the internet without your permission
- Installs itself without permissions
- Redirect your browser to infected pages.
- Distributes itself through pay-per-install or is bundled with third-party software.
- Shows Fake Security Alerts, Pop-ups and Ads.
- Changes user's homepage
- Slows internet connection
Comodo effected Windows OS versions
- Windows 8 28%
- Windows 7 23%
- Windows Vista 12%
- Windows XP 37%
Warning, multiple anti-virus scanners have detected possible malware in Comodo.
|VIPRE Antivirus||22702||Wajam (fs)|
|K7 AntiVirus||9.179.12403||Unwanted-Program ( 00454f261 )|
Remove Comodo from Windows
Remove Comodo from Windows XP:
- Drag mouse cursor to the left of the Task Bar and click Start to open a menu.
- Open the Control Panel and double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- Remove the undesirable application.
Remove Comodo from Windows Vista or Windows 7:
- Click the Start menu icon on the Task Bar and select Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program and locate the undesirable application
- Right-click the application you want to delete and select Uninstall.
Remove Comodo from Windows 8:
- Right-click on the Metro UI screen, select All apps and then Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program and right-click the application you want to delete.
- Select Uninstall.
Remove Comodo from Your Browsers
Remove Comodo from Internet Explorer
- Go for Alt+T and click on Internet Options.
- In this section, move to the 'Advanced' tab and then click on the 'Reset' button.
- Navigate to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' → then to 'Delete personal settings' and press on 'Reset' option.
- After this, click on 'Close' and go for OK to have modifications saved.
- Click on the tabs Alt+T and go for Manage Add-ons. Move to Toolbars and Extensions and here, get rid of the unwanted extensions.
- Click on Search Providers and set any page as your new search tool.
Delete Comodo from Mozilla Firefox
- As you have your browser opened, type in about:addons in the shown URL field.
- Move through Extensions and Addons list, delete the items having something in common with Comodo (or those which you may find unfamiliar). If the extension is not provided by Mozilla, Google, Microsoft, Oracle or Adobe, you should be almost sure you have to erase it.
- Then, reset Firefox by doing this: move to Firefox ->Help (Help in menu for OSX users) -> Troubleshooting Information. Finally,Reset Firefox.
Terminate Comodo from Chrome
- In the displayed URL field, type in chrome://extensions.
- Take a look at the provided extensions and take care of those which you find unnecessary (those related to Comodo) by deleting it. If you do not know whether one or another must be deleted once and for all, disable some of them temporarily.
- Then, restart Chrome.
- Optionally, you may type in chrome://settings in URL bar, move to Advanced settings, navigate to the bottom and choose Reset browser settings.