MyTelevisionHQ is classified as a PUP. What does that mean?
MyTelevisionHQ will help you to access daily horoscopes, check your Tarot forecast, and analyze dreams. This program is spread using unreliable distribution methods that are mostly related to free downloads. To avoid Security Tool and its promoter MyTelevisionHQ, remember that keeping your anti-virus software updated is a must! According to its victims and PC security experts, this program may show up on the system without downloading it. According to our research, the add-on can record information using tracking cookies, and it might show advertisements and surveys.
If you were to check the official website for MyTelevisionHQ at myMyTelevisionHQ.com, you would see that the application promotes itself as browser extension that enhances your web browsing activity. MyTelevisionHQ virus causes tons of redirections and includes plenty of unwanted websites to your search results. We have found that, in total, MyTelevisionHQ has seven clones, and we expect this number to increase further down the line. Besides, MyTelevisionHQ virus may also redirect user the hacked pages that may have viruses inside and give you malware, spyware or other threats. This way, it seeks to promote its sponsors and boost traffic of their websites.
How does MyTelevisionHQ virus hijack computers?
It is very likely that you have not agreed with the installation of MyTelevisionHQ, but still see that this browser plugin is present because this software might travel in a bundle with other applications. If you install this browser plugin on your computer, you grant it permission to act this way. Unfortunately, such software packages cannot be distinguished externally. You can also find shortcuts to view movies and TV-shows. infected website you can easily get a malware or other kind of infection. This means that once you enter such a web page a code is remotely executed and an installation of some malicious program could silently take place.
MyTelevisionHQ typically spreads through free software bundles you download and install off of the Internet. This hijacker seems to affect Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, and Mozilla Firefox as well. Here, look for If any are found, they must be MyTelevisionHQd as keeping them active on your computer could have detrimental outcomes. performance enhancers and similar freeware. Furthermore, include pornographic, gambling or other websites of ill-repute in your blacklist and never visit them. To identify them, scanning with Anti-Malware Tool or other reputable antispyware tool might be useful.
How to eliminate this suspicious computer program from my PC?
MyTelevisionHQ can be unnoticeably downloaded from third party websites that are promoting various applications for free. MyTelevisionHQ virus comes bundled with various freeware. Of course, you can try to identify them and remove them manually, however, it can take a lot of time and effort to do that. Manual removal can also help to remove this hijacker from your PC and the free instructions are on this same page just below but keep in mind that only automatic removal can fix the issue of MyTelevisionHQ permanently. Please follow each step closely, and you will get rid of this computer intruder in no time. Furthermore, some installers may hide the presence of this hijacker and may not allow you to deselect its installation from the custom settings menu. Then you can uninstall the extensions and reset settings in your browsers.
- Distributes itself through pay-per-install or is bundled with third-party software.
- Steals or uses your Confidential Data
- Common MyTelevisionHQ behavior and some other text emplaining som info related to behavior
- MyTelevisionHQ Connects to the internet without your permission
- Redirect your browser to infected pages.
- MyTelevisionHQ Deactivates Installed Security Software.
- Changes user's homepage
- Modifies Desktop and Browser Settings.
- Installs itself without permissions
- Slows internet connection
- MyTelevisionHQ Shows commercial adverts
MyTelevisionHQ effected Windows OS versions
- Windows 8 22%
- Windows 7 32%
- Windows Vista 13%
- Windows XP 33%
Warning, multiple anti-virus scanners have detected possible malware in MyTelevisionHQ.
|K7 AntiVirus||9.179.12403||Unwanted-Program ( 00454f261 )|
Remove MyTelevisionHQ from Windows
Remove MyTelevisionHQ from Windows XP:
- Drag mouse cursor to the left of the Task Bar and click Start to open a menu.
- Open the Control Panel and double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- Remove the undesirable application.
Remove MyTelevisionHQ from Windows Vista or Windows 7:
- Click the Start menu icon on the Task Bar and select Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program and locate the undesirable application
- Right-click the application you want to delete and select Uninstall.
Remove MyTelevisionHQ from Windows 8:
- Right-click on the Metro UI screen, select All apps and then Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program and right-click the application you want to delete.
- Select Uninstall.
Remove MyTelevisionHQ from Your Browsers
Remove MyTelevisionHQ from Internet Explorer
- Go for Alt+T and click on Internet Options.
- In this section, move to the 'Advanced' tab and then click on the 'Reset' button.
- Navigate to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' → then to 'Delete personal settings' and press on 'Reset' option.
- After this, click on 'Close' and go for OK to have modifications saved.
- Click on the tabs Alt+T and go for Manage Add-ons. Move to Toolbars and Extensions and here, get rid of the unwanted extensions.
- Click on Search Providers and set any page as your new search tool.
Delete MyTelevisionHQ from Mozilla Firefox
- As you have your browser opened, type in about:addons in the shown URL field.
- Move through Extensions and Addons list, delete the items having something in common with MyTelevisionHQ (or those which you may find unfamiliar). If the extension is not provided by Mozilla, Google, Microsoft, Oracle or Adobe, you should be almost sure you have to erase it.
- Then, reset Firefox by doing this: move to Firefox ->Help (Help in menu for OSX users) -> Troubleshooting Information. Finally,Reset Firefox.
Terminate MyTelevisionHQ from Chrome
- In the displayed URL field, type in chrome://extensions.
- Take a look at the provided extensions and take care of those which you find unnecessary (those related to MyTelevisionHQ) by deleting it. If you do not know whether one or another must be deleted once and for all, disable some of them temporarily.
- Then, restart Chrome.
- Optionally, you may type in chrome://settings in URL bar, move to Advanced settings, navigate to the bottom and choose Reset browser settings.