The dangers of using Search-operator.com:
We have recently tested another suspicious search engine called Search-operator.com (also known as Search-operator.com Virus), and as it turned out, it is not a real search engine, but a browser hijacker. No matter that it may seem like an interactive search site that can be used for daily searches, the reality is quite different and you should think twice before setting this search site as your homepage or default search engine. Therefore, you might open your browser one morning to do some work and find this weird website as your homepage. In this article, we will discuss these principles in greater detail.
Normally Search-operator.com infiltrates together with numerous software that can be downloaded from the Internet, including free players, download managers, PDF creators, etc. It is well-known for our team as a company that produces various computer parasites – browser hijackers, adware, browser extensions and so on. When downloading such application, we highly recommend monitoring every installation window and reading every sentence, which is displayed on it. Nevertheless, if you were to try clicking all of the sections on the menu, you will see that some of them to do not work. However, they try to earn money from advertising this Search-operator.com and thus annoying software users. New tabs, home pages, default search engines are all linked to favor one domain: additional software/components for getting an ability to earn some money.
The transmission ways of the hijacker
You should not use questionable search tools to find the relevant information on the web because they usually provide promotional links for users. They typically are synchronized with the actual content of the website. Therefore, if you see this toolbar and a Conduit search installed alongside, you should avoid browsing to prevent Search-operator.com redirects to unsafe websites. It is recommended to remove Search-operator.com as soon as you detect its first traces. All you need to do it be patient and careful with your installations.
To remove Search-operator.com You will have to fix your browser setting that have been changed and eliminate any traces of this annoying program. Make sure you have the latest version of your antispyware so it could detect every single threat. All this is done without the user’s knowledge since the information about optional programs is hidden in the “Custom”/”Advanced” installation settings. If it has already installed its additional components and hidden them in your system’s background, manual Search-operator.com removal may fail to work for you. These redirects generate pay-per-click revenue for the Search-operator.com developers, but such redirects are extremely unsafe for you. you can uninstall the extensions and reset settings in your browsers.
How does a redirect virus spread and infiltrate computers?
After analyzing the suspicious browser hijacker and the PUP that it comes bundled with it, we tested different removal options. You can eliminate this parasite manually. The anti-spyware program will easily terminate the unwanted application and shield the system from computer threats, which is all that you need at the moment. These downloads, which occur by accident and not by design, involve free software, which is spoiled with such PUPs as Search-operator.com/search.php. Instead, all your queries are redirected to search.yahoo.com.
- Modifies Desktop and Browser Settings.
- Search-operator.com Shows commercial adverts
- Distributes itself through pay-per-install or is bundled with third-party software.
- Slows internet connection
- Search-operator.com Deactivates Installed Security Software.
- Redirect your browser to infected pages.
- Common Search-operator.com behavior and some other text emplaining som info related to behavior
- Steals or uses your Confidential Data
- Installs itself without permissions
- Changes user's homepage
- Shows Fake Security Alerts, Pop-ups and Ads.
- Integrates into the web browser via the Search-operator.com browser extension
Search-operator.com effected Windows OS versions
- Windows 8 21%
- Windows 7 25%
- Windows Vista 10%
- Windows XP 44%
Warning, multiple anti-virus scanners have detected possible malware in Search-operator.com.
|K7 AntiVirus||9.179.12403||Unwanted-Program ( 00454f261 )|
|VIPRE Antivirus||22702||Wajam (fs)|
Remove Search-operator.com from Windows
Remove Search-operator.com from Windows XP:
- Drag mouse cursor to the left of the Task Bar and click Start to open a menu.
- Open the Control Panel and double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- Remove the undesirable application.
Remove Search-operator.com from Windows Vista or Windows 7:
- Click the Start menu icon on the Task Bar and select Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program and locate the undesirable application
- Right-click the application you want to delete and select Uninstall.
Remove Search-operator.com from Windows 8:
- Right-click on the Metro UI screen, select All apps and then Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program and right-click the application you want to delete.
- Select Uninstall.
Remove Search-operator.com from Your Browsers
Remove Search-operator.com from Internet Explorer
- Go for Alt+T and click on Internet Options.
- In this section, move to the 'Advanced' tab and then click on the 'Reset' button.
- Navigate to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' → then to 'Delete personal settings' and press on 'Reset' option.
- After this, click on 'Close' and go for OK to have modifications saved.
- Click on the tabs Alt+T and go for Manage Add-ons. Move to Toolbars and Extensions and here, get rid of the unwanted extensions.
- Click on Search Providers and set any page as your new search tool.
Delete Search-operator.com from Mozilla Firefox
- As you have your browser opened, type in about:addons in the shown URL field.
- Move through Extensions and Addons list, delete the items having something in common with Search-operator.com (or those which you may find unfamiliar). If the extension is not provided by Mozilla, Google, Microsoft, Oracle or Adobe, you should be almost sure you have to erase it.
- Then, reset Firefox by doing this: move to Firefox ->Help (Help in menu for OSX users) -> Troubleshooting Information. Finally,Reset Firefox.
Terminate Search-operator.com from Chrome
- In the displayed URL field, type in chrome://extensions.
- Take a look at the provided extensions and take care of those which you find unnecessary (those related to Search-operator.com) by deleting it. If you do not know whether one or another must be deleted once and for all, disable some of them temporarily.
- Then, restart Chrome.
- Optionally, you may type in chrome://settings in URL bar, move to Advanced settings, navigate to the bottom and choose Reset browser settings.