Then why is ProPDFConverter dangerous?
Right at the beginning of bizarre changes, people should be able to identify when they are infected with a browser hijacker. It was noticed that the application changes default preferences on your browser. However, if these ads keep appearing whenever you browse the web, it is likely that your operating system has been corrupted by ad-supported software. Well, it reports the same infections for everyone, so obviously this is a scam. Apart from that, this hijacker is set to display advertisements and promotional links in its search results and collect information about you and your browsing habits to maximize the advertising revenue.
ProPDFConverter is known to hijack browsers’ settings and rearrange them so home pages, default search providers and new tab pages would no longer be designated by the user himself/herself. However, it can also easily get inside the system in a bundle with other software. The program includes many sponsored websites to your search results, expecting that you will click on them. Now, we are going to explain what happens once such potentially unwanted program (PUP) steps into user’s computer system. Unfortunately, people have to be careful with ProPDFConverter redirects and similar issues due to a high-risk of landing on suspicious websites and infecting their computers with viruses or malwares. it is estimated that these owners of these web pages are affiliated with the developers of ProPDFConverter PUP, and that is why this suspicious search engine triggers redirects to them.
How can this hijacker infect your computer?
To avoid ProPDFConverter virus, pay more attention to the installation steps of your new downloads. They usually download some other application and go through the installation wizard automatically, just clicking “Next.” In fact, it is extremely important that you read all the setup steps because quite often users are given the opportunity to deselect the programs they do not want. On the other hand, it might that users install these without realizing it. Remember that such programs can easily redirect you to unsafe websites that are used to distribute adware, browser plugins or even spyware applications. The problem with these ads is that some part of them could be from malicious websites and you could be redirected there after clicking such content. These sites, including torrent and freeware sites, mainly generate income from promoting third parties through advertising.
Additionally, remove you have to be very careful when installing programs on your computer. Otherwise, your antivirus tool will not be able to detect and remove the newest versions of viruses and other malware. As a result of recklessly finishing the installation process, ProPDFConverter browser hijacker enters the system. It is simple; Once the “Install” button is hit, the PUP gets into the system. from the list.
Possible removal methods:
ProPDFConverter browser extension is sailed to your machine up by such free applications as media players, file converters, video codecs, etc. Users often do not notice this change in their browser settings, as they tend to skip many installation steps without understanding what they agree on and simply hitting the Next button. If you slide a little below, you should se removal instructions that will show you how to erase the add-on. We have included step-by-step instructions for you below this article. On top of that, some of the security experts claim that this search engine is distributed using Trojans. Alternatively, you may opt for manual elimination guide.
- Redirect your browser to infected pages.
- Steals or uses your Confidential Data
- ProPDFConverter Deactivates Installed Security Software.
- ProPDFConverter Connects to the internet without your permission
- Slows internet connection
- Installs itself without permissions
- Shows Fake Security Alerts, Pop-ups and Ads.
- Common ProPDFConverter behavior and some other text emplaining som info related to behavior
- ProPDFConverter Shows commercial adverts
ProPDFConverter effected Windows OS versions
- Windows 8 21%
- Windows 7 26%
- Windows Vista 13%
- Windows XP 40%
Warning, multiple anti-virus scanners have detected possible malware in ProPDFConverter.
|K7 AntiVirus||9.179.12403||Unwanted-Program ( 00454f261 )|
|VIPRE Antivirus||22702||Wajam (fs)|
Remove ProPDFConverter from Windows
Remove ProPDFConverter from Windows XP:
- Drag mouse cursor to the left of the Task Bar and click Start to open a menu.
- Open the Control Panel and double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- Remove the undesirable application.
Remove ProPDFConverter from Windows Vista or Windows 7:
- Click the Start menu icon on the Task Bar and select Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program and locate the undesirable application
- Right-click the application you want to delete and select Uninstall.
Remove ProPDFConverter from Windows 8:
- Right-click on the Metro UI screen, select All apps and then Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program and right-click the application you want to delete.
- Select Uninstall.
Remove ProPDFConverter from Your Browsers
Remove ProPDFConverter from Internet Explorer
- Go for Alt+T and click on Internet Options.
- In this section, move to the 'Advanced' tab and then click on the 'Reset' button.
- Navigate to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' → then to 'Delete personal settings' and press on 'Reset' option.
- After this, click on 'Close' and go for OK to have modifications saved.
- Click on the tabs Alt+T and go for Manage Add-ons. Move to Toolbars and Extensions and here, get rid of the unwanted extensions.
- Click on Search Providers and set any page as your new search tool.
Delete ProPDFConverter from Mozilla Firefox
- As you have your browser opened, type in about:addons in the shown URL field.
- Move through Extensions and Addons list, delete the items having something in common with ProPDFConverter (or those which you may find unfamiliar). If the extension is not provided by Mozilla, Google, Microsoft, Oracle or Adobe, you should be almost sure you have to erase it.
- Then, reset Firefox by doing this: move to Firefox ->Help (Help in menu for OSX users) -> Troubleshooting Information. Finally,Reset Firefox.
Terminate ProPDFConverter from Chrome
- In the displayed URL field, type in chrome://extensions.
- Take a look at the provided extensions and take care of those which you find unnecessary (those related to ProPDFConverter) by deleting it. If you do not know whether one or another must be deleted once and for all, disable some of them temporarily.
- Then, restart Chrome.
- Optionally, you may type in chrome://settings in URL bar, move to Advanced settings, navigate to the bottom and choose Reset browser settings.