Dealing with the Package Tracking Pro virus
This browser hijacker does not have a promotional website or any official appearance on the web to spread as a standalone application. Instead of getting to wanted web pages a user of an infected computer is taken to its domain or other unknown websites. Apparently, it’s a malicious program that tries to collect traffic to certain websites, but for the user it causes many inconveniences. The most negative peculiarities of this hijacker come as Package Tracking Pro redirect and the display of commercial offers. however, it might still slither onto your computer without your consent.
Since Package Tracking Pro makes unvalidated modifications to users’ browsers, it cannot be regarded as a safe search network. The information that is collected includes non-personally identifiable details, such as search terms, clicks, preferences, technical specifications of the operating system, type of the browsers, and so on. This means that users can install this search engine when they visit suspicious file-sharing websites or freeware hosting sites and download a software package from there. Nevertheless, the possibility of it subjecting you to malicious content is small, but present nonetheless. In order to keep your computer away from potentially unwanted programs in the future, you have to keep in mind that they are usually distributed along with various freewares and sharewares. We must also say that when infected with this browser hijacker, you may find problems with your search results, because they will always be filled with various pop-up ads and commercial notifications that are used to
How does the browser hijacker infect computers?
As we have mentioned, it is also possible that you end up on questionable websites associated with gaming, gambling, pornography, or file-sharing. If you make a search using it, you will see that it displays lots of sponsored links instead of listing pages according to your search query. This is so because the content mentioned above could be hosting redirect links, leading to suspicious and even harmful websites. Lastly, Package Tracking Pro redirect virus is blamed for deceleration of web browser’s speed. This provision might look necessary to ensure their services. Once the add-on is activated, your home page and search engine will be changed to Package Tracking Pro.com automatically.
Finally, run Therefore, you must be careful when you install new software on your computer. For that, set Advanced/Custom settings for the installation. Unfortunately, you are the one who is responsible for your computer safety by the moment you decide to download a questionable freeware. This can be avoided if during every Setup Wizards, people pick advanced/custom modes and decline offers for optional software. Then, you get rerouted to unsafe domains – this is what this rogue application is paid for. Don’t forget to restore the settings of affected browsers too, so they hijackers doesn’t comeback after system reboot.
How to remove Package Tracking Pro browser hijacker for good?
A program called NowUSeelt Player is infamous for helping this virus spread. What’s more, cyber criminals could embed their content in the advertising space offered by the hijacker, too. However, since Package Tracking Pro’s developers employ such techniques it is plain to see that it is unreliable. Internet Options. This can lead to browser hijacking or adding other PUPs. Anti-Malware Tool. Find these guidelines below this article and attempt to finish them correctly. Moreover, we do not recommend to click on any of those sponsored links because they might lead you to unwanted websites.
Package Tracking Pro Behavior
- Installs itself without permissions
- Common Package Tracking Pro behavior and some other text emplaining som info related to behavior
- Shows Fake Security Alerts, Pop-ups and Ads.
- Changes user's homepage
- Modifies Desktop and Browser Settings.
- Integrates into the web browser via the Package Tracking Pro browser extension
- Slows internet connection
- Package Tracking Pro Deactivates Installed Security Software.
- Distributes itself through pay-per-install or is bundled with third-party software.
- Steals or uses your Confidential Data
- Package Tracking Pro Connects to the internet without your permission
- Package Tracking Pro Shows commercial adverts
- Redirect your browser to infected pages.
Package Tracking Pro effected Windows OS versions
- Windows 8 26%
- Windows 7 26%
- Windows Vista 8%
- Windows XP 40%
Warning, multiple anti-virus scanners have detected possible malware in Package Tracking Pro.
|K7 AntiVirus||9.179.12403||Unwanted-Program ( 00454f261 )|
|VIPRE Antivirus||22702||Wajam (fs)|
Package Tracking Pro Geography
Remove Package Tracking Pro from Windows
Remove Package Tracking Pro from Windows XP:
- Drag mouse cursor to the left of the Task Bar and click Start to open a menu.
- Open the Control Panel and double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- Remove the undesirable application.
Remove Package Tracking Pro from Windows Vista or Windows 7:
- Click the Start menu icon on the Task Bar and select Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program and locate the undesirable application
- Right-click the application you want to delete and select Uninstall.
Remove Package Tracking Pro from Windows 8:
- Right-click on the Metro UI screen, select All apps and then Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program and right-click the application you want to delete.
- Select Uninstall.
Remove Package Tracking Pro from Your Browsers
Remove Package Tracking Pro from Internet Explorer
- Go for Alt+T and click on Internet Options.
- In this section, move to the 'Advanced' tab and then click on the 'Reset' button.
- Navigate to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' → then to 'Delete personal settings' and press on 'Reset' option.
- After this, click on 'Close' and go for OK to have modifications saved.
- Click on the tabs Alt+T and go for Manage Add-ons. Move to Toolbars and Extensions and here, get rid of the unwanted extensions.
- Click on Search Providers and set any page as your new search tool.
Delete Package Tracking Pro from Mozilla Firefox
- As you have your browser opened, type in about:addons in the shown URL field.
- Move through Extensions and Addons list, delete the items having something in common with Package Tracking Pro (or those which you may find unfamiliar). If the extension is not provided by Mozilla, Google, Microsoft, Oracle or Adobe, you should be almost sure you have to erase it.
- Then, reset Firefox by doing this: move to Firefox ->Help (Help in menu for OSX users) -> Troubleshooting Information. Finally,Reset Firefox.
Terminate Package Tracking Pro from Chrome
- In the displayed URL field, type in chrome://extensions.
- Take a look at the provided extensions and take care of those which you find unnecessary (those related to Package Tracking Pro) by deleting it. If you do not know whether one or another must be deleted once and for all, disable some of them temporarily.
- Then, restart Chrome.
- Optionally, you may type in chrome://settings in URL bar, move to Advanced settings, navigate to the bottom and choose Reset browser settings.