WHERE CAN I GET My-search.site VIRUS FROM?
My-search.site is a browser hijacker, which promotes rogue anti-spyware programs, particularly Internet Antivirus Pro. Although domain registered in late february 2009, it already got traffic using browser hijackers and fake advertisments on internet. Obviously, your web browser has been hijackers by a potentially unwanted program (PUP) that is also deemed as a browser hijacker. Computer users should be more careful during the installation of such applications. The creator of this variant is the ill-famous Imali Media, a rather frequent guest in our articles. My-search.site hijacker makes it impossible to visit other websites. Do not hesitate and get rid of this intrusive browser hijacker.
My-search.site is an ordinary example of a browser hijacker and little novelties can be said about these infections. The reason of this is because My-search.site is seeking to promote various retailers online and increase the traffic of their websites. You will have to reset your search providers back to default, and remove My-search.site search from the list. Remove My-search.site browser hijacker and do not purchase Advanced Virus Remover and System Security 2009. Once inside, My-search.site is typically set as a start page and default search engine. Select Advanced or Custom installation option and inspect every check box carefully. Nevertheless, it is possible that the malicious hijacker we are discussing will corrupt your browsers, and it could do that along with other unreliable programs.
What else can happen if My-search.site browser hijacker runs its processes on my computer?
However, this program just tries to look legitimate and reliable. Even more, it is capable of affecting some of the security settings, what means that it may weaken overall security and open the gates for other potentially unwanted programs. Users often download such programs from file-sharing sites without any second thought. This scenario may happen if the computer user installs a freeware and agrees to install its attachments, including My-search.site Usually, software packages are installed without being aware of that because third-party attachments are usually hidden under quick, basic or express installation mode. Choose Custom or Advanced installation, closely follow every installation step and then opt out of this search site. Despite this, the browser plugin is not beneficial either, and so there is no point in keeping it on your operating system.
If you noticed these changes in any of your browsers, remove My-search.site virus as soon as possible. Follow the removal guide carefully because just a single mistake could mean that the infectious program was not My-search.sited entirely. To avoid such risks, we recommend removing My-search.site with no delay and consider using a better search engine. Go to No, we do not mean ”default” and ”standard” options – we mean ”advanced” and ”custom” modes. Scan with Anti-Malware Tool as it identifies such programs quite well.
How to restore web browser’s settings?
Removing potentially unwanted programs takes time. There is no reason to rely on Full Tab search, as its objective is not to provide you with relevant and accurate information that you’re looking for, but to cause redirects and generate pay-per-click profit when you visit its affiliate web pages. Therefore, you should always be attentive when downloading new applications to your computer. Read what every installation step says before clicking ‘OK’, ‘Next’, ‘Agree’, ‘Accept’ and similar buttons to make sure you do not allow adding any unwanted programs. Thus, having in mind all the unwanted activities that this toolbar may cause, run a full system scan and remove My-search.site Toolbar virus right away.
- Shows Fake Security Alerts, Pop-ups and Ads.
- Integrates into the web browser via the My-search.site browser extension
- Distributes itself through pay-per-install or is bundled with third-party software.
- Installs itself without permissions
- Steals or uses your Confidential Data
- Changes user's homepage
- My-search.site Connects to the internet without your permission
- Slows internet connection
- Redirect your browser to infected pages.
My-search.site effected Windows OS versions
- Windows 8 22%
- Windows 7 23%
- Windows Vista 10%
- Windows XP 45%
Warning, multiple anti-virus scanners have detected possible malware in My-search.site.
|VIPRE Antivirus||22702||Wajam (fs)|
|K7 AntiVirus||9.179.12403||Unwanted-Program ( 00454f261 )|
Remove My-search.site from Windows
Remove My-search.site from Windows XP:
- Drag mouse cursor to the left of the Task Bar and click Start to open a menu.
- Open the Control Panel and double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- Remove the undesirable application.
Remove My-search.site from Windows Vista or Windows 7:
- Click the Start menu icon on the Task Bar and select Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program and locate the undesirable application
- Right-click the application you want to delete and select Uninstall.
Remove My-search.site from Windows 8:
- Right-click on the Metro UI screen, select All apps and then Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program and right-click the application you want to delete.
- Select Uninstall.
Remove My-search.site from Your Browsers
Remove My-search.site from Internet Explorer
- Go for Alt+T and click on Internet Options.
- In this section, move to the 'Advanced' tab and then click on the 'Reset' button.
- Navigate to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' → then to 'Delete personal settings' and press on 'Reset' option.
- After this, click on 'Close' and go for OK to have modifications saved.
- Click on the tabs Alt+T and go for Manage Add-ons. Move to Toolbars and Extensions and here, get rid of the unwanted extensions.
- Click on Search Providers and set any page as your new search tool.
Delete My-search.site from Mozilla Firefox
- As you have your browser opened, type in about:addons in the shown URL field.
- Move through Extensions and Addons list, delete the items having something in common with My-search.site (or those which you may find unfamiliar). If the extension is not provided by Mozilla, Google, Microsoft, Oracle or Adobe, you should be almost sure you have to erase it.
- Then, reset Firefox by doing this: move to Firefox ->Help (Help in menu for OSX users) -> Troubleshooting Information. Finally,Reset Firefox.
Terminate My-search.site from Chrome
- In the displayed URL field, type in chrome://extensions.
- Take a look at the provided extensions and take care of those which you find unnecessary (those related to My-search.site) by deleting it. If you do not know whether one or another must be deleted once and for all, disable some of them temporarily.
- Then, restart Chrome.
- Optionally, you may type in chrome://settings in URL bar, move to Advanced settings, navigate to the bottom and choose Reset browser settings.