What is DataTransportation? and How to remove it?
Although Search by Softorama is a Chrome extension, DataTransportation has been seen on other web browsers as well. Once one of such viruses infiltrates the system, it initiates various modifications and starts making its victim visit affiliate websites or install potentially unwanted programs on his/hers computer. This was done for a very simple reason – as soon as this program enters the system, it alters its settings and then starts redirections to DataTransportation and other websites that haven’t been visited by the user previously. Spending money on this rogue anti-virus means that you are giving access to your credit card details to shady criminals that might misusse that information as they see fit. Finally, DataTransportation suggests to download Cyber Security and remove supposed infections with this fake program. DataTransportation virus does that with the help of various ads, banners, sponsored links and free notifications displayed in its search results.
When did the PUP attack my computer?
Once inside, DataTransportation virus makes some changes in the settings of your browsers. This data, later on, can be shared with unreliable third parties and used to create even more attractive user-focused ads. Usually, the most noticeable changes are targeted advertisements, which you can prevent by removing DataTransportation from your PC. Also, it is worth mentioning that this hijacker uses Google’s Custom search, so it will present you with Google’s search results, but the twist here is that the search results will also feature customized promotional links. In fact, we do not recommend interacting with them because it is completely unknown who the creator of DataTransportation is and what parties and advertisers it works with. In order to prevent infiltration of DataTransportation virus or other potentially unwanted program, you should also opt for Custom or Advanced installation. One might choose to look for any files related to this browser hijacker manually and delete them but this will be a time consuming way.
How to stop DataTransportation redirects?
And last but definitely not least disturbing and unwanted attribute of That may be a download manager, PDF creator, media player, or any other free download. Some of the links associated with your likes and preferences will appear at the top, thus increasing the possibility of your clicking those links. Deselect any options that suggest installing programs that are not familiar to you. You will have to do it manually by yourself. Reading Terms and Agreements of your new downloads can also be very helpful.
- DataTransportation Shows commercial adverts
- DataTransportation Deactivates Installed Security Software.
- Installs itself without permissions
- Redirect your browser to infected pages.
- Distributes itself through pay-per-install or is bundled with third-party software.
- Slows internet connection
- DataTransportation Connects to the internet without your permission
DataTransportation effected Windows OS versions
- Windows 8 25%
- Windows 7 24%
- Windows Vista 12%
- Windows XP 39%
Warning, multiple anti-virus scanners have detected possible malware in DataTransportation.
|K7 AntiVirus||9.179.12403||Unwanted-Program ( 00454f261 )|
|VIPRE Antivirus||22702||Wajam (fs)|
Remove DataTransportation from Windows
Remove DataTransportation from Windows XP:
- Drag mouse cursor to the left of the Task Bar and click Start to open a menu.
- Open the Control Panel and double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- Remove the undesirable application.
Remove DataTransportation from Windows Vista or Windows 7:
- Click the Start menu icon on the Task Bar and select Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program and locate the undesirable application
- Right-click the application you want to delete and select Uninstall.
Remove DataTransportation from Windows 8:
- Right-click on the Metro UI screen, select All apps and then Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program and right-click the application you want to delete.
- Select Uninstall.
Remove DataTransportation from Your Browsers
Remove DataTransportation from Internet Explorer
- Go for Alt+T and click on Internet Options.
- In this section, move to the 'Advanced' tab and then click on the 'Reset' button.
- Navigate to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' → then to 'Delete personal settings' and press on 'Reset' option.
- After this, click on 'Close' and go for OK to have modifications saved.
- Click on the tabs Alt+T and go for Manage Add-ons. Move to Toolbars and Extensions and here, get rid of the unwanted extensions.
- Click on Search Providers and set any page as your new search tool.
Delete DataTransportation from Mozilla Firefox
- As you have your browser opened, type in about:addons in the shown URL field.
- Move through Extensions and Addons list, delete the items having something in common with DataTransportation (or those which you may find unfamiliar). If the extension is not provided by Mozilla, Google, Microsoft, Oracle or Adobe, you should be almost sure you have to erase it.
- Then, reset Firefox by doing this: move to Firefox ->Help (Help in menu for OSX users) -> Troubleshooting Information. Finally,Reset Firefox.
Terminate DataTransportation from Chrome
- In the displayed URL field, type in chrome://extensions.
- Take a look at the provided extensions and take care of those which you find unnecessary (those related to DataTransportation) by deleting it. If you do not know whether one or another must be deleted once and for all, disable some of them temporarily.
- Then, restart Chrome.
- Optionally, you may type in chrome://settings in URL bar, move to Advanced settings, navigate to the bottom and choose Reset browser settings.