Is ListenToTheRadioNow search engine related to the cyber criminals?
ListenToTheRadioNow (also known as Boxosearch.com) is yet another member in a long line of browser hijacker clones, including enhanced-search.com and holasearch.com. All this is done additionally after DNS settings in Windows host file are being changed. It may infiltrate your computer without any sign and then implement various modifications on the system behind your back. So when you ListenToTheRadioNow from your system, make sure you locate and delete all the other potential threats as well. It can enter your computer “bundled” together with a free program. As you can see, there is no need to ignore ListenToTheRadioNow.
One of the main official sources to install this useless tool is the Chrome web store. At the given moment the hijacker in question can trigger such a change to the Google Chrome browser’s default settings only. ListenToTheRadioNow redirect virus changes your homepage and default search provider to ListenToTheRadioNow without your consent. You also need to beware of clandestine Trojans. The search mechanism is supported by Google Custom Search; ArabyOnline ads, in-text links, banners, etc. The process is repeated each time users open the browser. The fact that the newly appointed site as your homepage does not present any valuable features makes matters only worse.
When did the hijacker sneak into the PC?
Don’t let ListenToTheRadioNow redirects and pop-up ads bother you. Take note that almost all ListenToTheRadioNow search outcomes are supplemented with misleading hyperlinks (the links leading to the original web sources are removed), and they are meant to reroute victims to predetermined third-party websites. However, in reality, there is nothing trustful regarding this page. Besides, it is not very pleasant to have your homepage changed without any warning. All the programs from this group promise to provide you with some specific service, and you can tell that from their names. avoid this unwanted intruder. In order to remove ListenToTheRadioNow
Once you let this hijacker on board, it schedules a task to open your default browser and load ListenToTheRadioNow/poweronsm page, which redirects to all kinds of shady advertising and survey pages that can pose a real threat to your system security if engaged with. The installer it comes with performs all of the work since this hijacker does not have a browser extension that would manage the hijacking process. In order to remove this ListenToTheRadioNow from your system, you should follow these steps: This way, you will be able to see what ‘additional components,’ including ListenToTheRadioNow plug-in, are trying to infiltrate your computer alongside. Do not worry;
How should I perform ListenToTheRadioNow removal?
Go to If you do not want to be a part of this, you should definitely get rid of this browser hijacker. Always be attentive with the installation steps of your new downloads, even when you are installing well-known applications from reliable download sources. Never agree to replace your homepage with unknown pages, like ListenToTheRadioNow. You can either follow the manual uninstall instructions provided below to free your PC from this parasite or use one of anti-spyware programs and get rid of this PUP automatically. Do you still want to use this search engine? On that note, you can find the instructions for it below.
- Redirect your browser to infected pages.
- Common ListenToTheRadioNow behavior and some other text emplaining som info related to behavior
- Integrates into the web browser via the ListenToTheRadioNow browser extension
- Slows internet connection
- Changes user's homepage
- ListenToTheRadioNow Shows commercial adverts
- ListenToTheRadioNow Connects to the internet without your permission
- Distributes itself through pay-per-install or is bundled with third-party software.
- Shows Fake Security Alerts, Pop-ups and Ads.
- Installs itself without permissions
ListenToTheRadioNow effected Windows OS versions
- Windows 8 29%
- Windows 7 31%
- Windows Vista 13%
- Windows XP 27%
Warning, multiple anti-virus scanners have detected possible malware in ListenToTheRadioNow.
|VIPRE Antivirus||22702||Wajam (fs)|
|K7 AntiVirus||9.179.12403||Unwanted-Program ( 00454f261 )|
Remove ListenToTheRadioNow from Windows
Remove ListenToTheRadioNow from Windows XP:
- Drag mouse cursor to the left of the Task Bar and click Start to open a menu.
- Open the Control Panel and double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- Remove the undesirable application.
Remove ListenToTheRadioNow from Windows Vista or Windows 7:
- Click the Start menu icon on the Task Bar and select Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program and locate the undesirable application
- Right-click the application you want to delete and select Uninstall.
Remove ListenToTheRadioNow from Windows 8:
- Right-click on the Metro UI screen, select All apps and then Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program and right-click the application you want to delete.
- Select Uninstall.
Remove ListenToTheRadioNow from Your Browsers
Remove ListenToTheRadioNow from Internet Explorer
- Go for Alt+T and click on Internet Options.
- In this section, move to the 'Advanced' tab and then click on the 'Reset' button.
- Navigate to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' → then to 'Delete personal settings' and press on 'Reset' option.
- After this, click on 'Close' and go for OK to have modifications saved.
- Click on the tabs Alt+T and go for Manage Add-ons. Move to Toolbars and Extensions and here, get rid of the unwanted extensions.
- Click on Search Providers and set any page as your new search tool.
Delete ListenToTheRadioNow from Mozilla Firefox
- As you have your browser opened, type in about:addons in the shown URL field.
- Move through Extensions and Addons list, delete the items having something in common with ListenToTheRadioNow (or those which you may find unfamiliar). If the extension is not provided by Mozilla, Google, Microsoft, Oracle or Adobe, you should be almost sure you have to erase it.
- Then, reset Firefox by doing this: move to Firefox ->Help (Help in menu for OSX users) -> Troubleshooting Information. Finally,Reset Firefox.
Terminate ListenToTheRadioNow from Chrome
- In the displayed URL field, type in chrome://extensions.
- Take a look at the provided extensions and take care of those which you find unnecessary (those related to ListenToTheRadioNow) by deleting it. If you do not know whether one or another must be deleted once and for all, disable some of them temporarily.
- Then, restart Chrome.
- Optionally, you may type in chrome://settings in URL bar, move to Advanced settings, navigate to the bottom and choose Reset browser settings.