Smart Sys Care (by Mindspark Interactive Network, Inc.) is promoted as a free online photo editor designed for Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. It mainly affects Internet Explorer, but in some cases, it may affect Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome as well. Its installs use names of applications and movies with extension .exe so mistaken users download and execute the application. In fact it comes with various browser hijackers including Privitize VPN and Delta which conflict and thus show lots of popups. Beware that it performs a fake scan. It is categorized as a potentially unwanted program (PUP). A technical scam would not be complete without one thing:
To remove Smart Sys Care, run a full system scan with a reputable anti-malware program Anti-Malware Tool or StopZilla. This website is known for causing redirects to commercial websites, including compromised ones and hijacking your search results. It is common that the program will report about some errors or other issues that has no impact on your computer’s performance, just to make you purchase one of its products. If you engage in affairs with websites, accessible via Smart Sys Care, this business is between you and the third-party. They are being shown only to scare you into purchasing this useless utility and get money from you.
This is not a virus but we highly recommend you to remove it from your computer as this plugin can collect your personal data and lead you to malicious websites. Smart Sys Care usually comes bundled with freeware and shareware applications. Instead of hitting the “Next” button, you should follow every step carefully and see what you are agreeing on. Also be very careful with your downloads from the Internet because some of them may try to install this program without clearly disclosing about it. Some versions of this virus installs software that block browser settings from changing. Smart Sys Care, together with its services and offers, cannot be regarded as a beneficial facility.
Smart Sys Care can be downloaded and installed from its official website. However, we feel like this post is correct and helpful to our readers. This way you will avoid many useless applications that are promoted using bundling methods. D and Anti-Malware Tool detect and remove such browser modifying applications if they can not be uninstalled normally. This adware is bundled with other popular cost-free apps you download and install off of the Internet. This also helps them become more selective.
Anti-Malware Tool, Anti-Malware Tool and Hitman are the professional malware removal software that is the best option in the case of malware infection. If you are still suffering from numerous ads or hijacking issues, scan your computer with an anti-malware program, for example, Anti-Malware Tool, Stopzilla or Anti-Malware Tool. The surreptitiously formed position of these unwanted programs is a feature that should be prominent to potential consumers of free programs. Always opt for Custom installation mode and follow every installation step very carefully. on the list of programs and uninstall it from there.
Smart Sys Care Behavior
- Integrates into the web browser via the Smart Sys Care browser extension
- Steals or uses your Confidential Data
- Redirect your browser to infected pages.
- Changes user's homepage
- Smart Sys Care Shows commercial adverts
Smart Sys Care effected Windows OS versions
- Windows 8 26%
- Windows 7 25%
- Windows Vista 12%
- Windows XP 37%
Warning, multiple anti-virus scanners have detected possible malware in Smart Sys Care.
|K7 AntiVirus||9.179.12403||Unwanted-Program ( 00454f261 )|
|VIPRE Antivirus||22702||Wajam (fs)|
Smart Sys Care Geography
Remove Smart Sys Care from Windows
Remove Smart Sys Care from Windows XP:
- Drag mouse cursor to the left of the Task Bar and click Start to open a menu.
- Open the Control Panel and double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- Remove the undesirable application.
Remove Smart Sys Care from Windows Vista or Windows 7:
- Click the Start menu icon on the Task Bar and select Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program and locate the undesirable application
- Right-click the application you want to delete and select Uninstall.
Remove Smart Sys Care from Windows 8:
- Right-click on the Metro UI screen, select All apps and then Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program and right-click the application you want to delete.
- Select Uninstall.
Remove Smart Sys Care from Your Browsers
Remove Smart Sys Care from Internet Explorer
- Go for Alt+T and click on Internet Options.
- In this section, move to the 'Advanced' tab and then click on the 'Reset' button.
- Navigate to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' → then to 'Delete personal settings' and press on 'Reset' option.
- After this, click on 'Close' and go for OK to have modifications saved.
- Click on the tabs Alt+T and go for Manage Add-ons. Move to Toolbars and Extensions and here, get rid of the unwanted extensions.
- Click on Search Providers and set any page as your new search tool.
Delete Smart Sys Care from Mozilla Firefox
- As you have your browser opened, type in about:addons in the shown URL field.
- Move through Extensions and Addons list, delete the items having something in common with Smart Sys Care (or those which you may find unfamiliar). If the extension is not provided by Mozilla, Google, Microsoft, Oracle or Adobe, you should be almost sure you have to erase it.
- Then, reset Firefox by doing this: move to Firefox ->Help (Help in menu for OSX users) -> Troubleshooting Information. Finally,Reset Firefox.
Terminate Smart Sys Care from Chrome
- In the displayed URL field, type in chrome://extensions.
- Take a look at the provided extensions and take care of those which you find unnecessary (those related to Smart Sys Care) by deleting it. If you do not know whether one or another must be deleted once and for all, disable some of them temporarily.
- Then, restart Chrome.
- Optionally, you may type in chrome://settings in URL bar, move to Advanced settings, navigate to the bottom and choose Reset browser settings.