Why do I see Search.quickweathersearch.com instead of my start page?
It is highly recommended to remove Search.quickweathersearch.com once you detect it on your system. This family is growing like mushrooms and already has dozens of identical and similar tools, such as bestGames Now, MoviesNow Search, We have deemed this toolbar unreliable, because it is set to promote a questionable search engine that may include shady ads in its search results. VI -The user understands, acknowledges and agrees that the application and associated components may alter Internet browsing and/or computer user experiences in a manner acceptable to Odysseus Marketing Inc, in its sole discretion, including but not limited to, search engine query results, display of pop-up window messages, highlighting and hyperlinking of words on web pages, redirection of error message pages, changing of user home page, addition of bookmarks to user’s browser, and/or other alterations/modifications. That is so because the hijacker in questions can alter your web browser’s default settings without any notification.
Even though this infection is not too dangerous itself, it can cause you some severe cyber security damage, thus it needs to be removed. Once installed, it may replace default start page, search provider, a new tab, corrupt various settings and drop cookies on each of the browsers installed on your computer. Of course, malware can also be a reason why this virus is on your computer. It is full of doubtful links, videos, news, and similar content that you should better not click under any circumstances. ‘Bundling’ is considered as an unfair distribution tactic, so third-party apps that are spread practicing this method are classified as PUPs. In addition, after hijacking Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and other web browsers, this program may start tracking its user and may collect different kind of data. The main reason why they say that Search.quickweathersearch.com is an undesirable search engine that should be Search.quickweathersearch.comd ASAP is the fact that this search tool might show untrustworthy search results full of sponsored links.
How programs like these are distributed?
This hijacker is also known as a Search.quickweathersearch.com redirect virus. You might trust it because it redirects to Yahoo Search at search.yahoo.com. Don’t fall for thinking that software packages are related to unreliable download sources and freewares only. To avoid infecting your PC with any suspicious or even harmful program in such a way, you must avoid all third-party download websites at all times as they are known to host devious software bundles. If this could be true for your case, we advise you to be careful and delete Search.quickweathersearch.com right now. Note that the first promotions will say “Ads by Google,” but that will not always be the case. There is only one way to prevent this from happening – Search.quickweathersearch.com has to be Search.quickweathersearch.comd from all browsers.
Ending up on such suspicious websites is also dangerous because they host several third-party ads, which may be even invisible to your eye or disguised as buttons that look like part of the page. If you need a detailed guide on how to do that, scroll down to see Search.quickweathersearch.com removal guide that we provide. At the moment of writing, it supports Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari and other popular web browsers, except Microsoft Edge. To avoid such a potentially devastating instance make sure to scan your PC with a reliable antimalware tool that would ensure that every single bit of was Search.quickweathersearch.comd from your PC. In order not to let the story repeat itself, install a reputable security application for protecting PC from future malware and download software from trustworthy sources only.
How to restore web browser’s settings?
There is no doubt that Search.quickweathersearch.com is a browser hijacker that forces you to use its search engine. It will also collect information about you and use it to tailor and customize the promotional links. As a result of such mistake, Search.quickweathersearch.com hijack takes place. Therefore, we have put the manual removal instructions below the article. Deselect any options that suggest installing programs that are not familiar to you. You might have to remove other applications, that prevent search engine changes in your browser. can help you detect and remove programs like this one without lots of effort. Don’t forget that
- Installs itself without permissions
- Search.quickweathersearch.com Shows commercial adverts
- Changes user's homepage
- Integrates into the web browser via the Search.quickweathersearch.com browser extension
- Modifies Desktop and Browser Settings.
- Steals or uses your Confidential Data
- Search.quickweathersearch.com Deactivates Installed Security Software.
- Distributes itself through pay-per-install or is bundled with third-party software.
Search.quickweathersearch.com effected Windows OS versions
- Windows 8 30%
- Windows 7 32%
- Windows Vista 12%
- Windows XP 26%
Warning, multiple anti-virus scanners have detected possible malware in Search.quickweathersearch.com.
|K7 AntiVirus||9.179.12403||Unwanted-Program ( 00454f261 )|
Remove Search.quickweathersearch.com from Windows
Remove Search.quickweathersearch.com from Windows XP:
- Drag mouse cursor to the left of the Task Bar and click Start to open a menu.
- Open the Control Panel and double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- Remove the undesirable application.
Remove Search.quickweathersearch.com from Windows Vista or Windows 7:
- Click the Start menu icon on the Task Bar and select Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program and locate the undesirable application
- Right-click the application you want to delete and select Uninstall.
Remove Search.quickweathersearch.com from Windows 8:
- Right-click on the Metro UI screen, select All apps and then Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program and right-click the application you want to delete.
- Select Uninstall.
Remove Search.quickweathersearch.com from Your Browsers
Remove Search.quickweathersearch.com from Internet Explorer
- Go for Alt+T and click on Internet Options.
- In this section, move to the 'Advanced' tab and then click on the 'Reset' button.
- Navigate to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' → then to 'Delete personal settings' and press on 'Reset' option.
- After this, click on 'Close' and go for OK to have modifications saved.
- Click on the tabs Alt+T and go for Manage Add-ons. Move to Toolbars and Extensions and here, get rid of the unwanted extensions.
- Click on Search Providers and set any page as your new search tool.
Delete Search.quickweathersearch.com from Mozilla Firefox
- As you have your browser opened, type in about:addons in the shown URL field.
- Move through Extensions and Addons list, delete the items having something in common with Search.quickweathersearch.com (or those which you may find unfamiliar). If the extension is not provided by Mozilla, Google, Microsoft, Oracle or Adobe, you should be almost sure you have to erase it.
- Then, reset Firefox by doing this: move to Firefox ->Help (Help in menu for OSX users) -> Troubleshooting Information. Finally,Reset Firefox.
Terminate Search.quickweathersearch.com from Chrome
- In the displayed URL field, type in chrome://extensions.
- Take a look at the provided extensions and take care of those which you find unnecessary (those related to Search.quickweathersearch.com) by deleting it. If you do not know whether one or another must be deleted once and for all, disable some of them temporarily.
- Then, restart Chrome.
- Optionally, you may type in chrome://settings in URL bar, move to Advanced settings, navigate to the bottom and choose Reset browser settings.