I am infected with Scottomery.info virus. How dangerous can it be?
Scottomery.info application can seem like a very useful program for some PC users, especially for the ones who love shopping online. A lot of potentially unwanted programs are based on Crossrider and this fact serves as a certain heads-up – although Scottomery.info may seem to be a useful application that informs you about current weather conditions, it is still related to a number of potentially unwanted and even dangerous adware applications that you should not be allowed to remain on a computer. Such programs are actively spread around with a help of freeware and shareware, so you should always double-check what programs and what attachments are trying to enter your machine. Unfortunately, Scottomery.info has nothing to do with improving your programs, so you should never trust it. After doing that, it may start showing you its commercial pop-up ads that are typically filled with price comparisons, deals, coupons and other things that can hardly be ignored by PC users. After that, you should also fix each of your web browsers, including Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and other browsers.
Scottomery.info, classified with other advertising-supported software, is no picnic. It is not surprising why many computer users get confused by Scottomery.info ads, because they show up unexpectedly, too. If you do not want to be tricked into installing unreliable software onto your personal computer, you need to beware of installers presented by unreliable parties or pushing you to install fictitious software. Of course, you might end up on reliable websites; The proper installation mode is either Advanced or Custom one – it gives you a chance to review software components and refuse to install the unwanted elements. Thus, Scottomery.info redirect might not only become annoying but damaging as well. This application has no shortage of distributors.
What should I know about the distribution of Scottomery.info?
As you can see, there is a download button at its website, but it’s not the only way you can get it on your computer. This way, you will be sure that all programs installed together with Scottomery.info including this program itself will be removed from your computer once and for all. This ad-supported program is designed to boost web traffic to specific Internet sites; Thus, in order to check the freeware that you opt for installing, you have to select Advanced or Custom installation option, monitor the process step-by-step and opt out of Scottomery.info or other similar programs, such as MinimumPrice, OfferApp, PriceChop, and many others. to remove servers. Usually those ads are fake – it’s just a trick to win your attention and make you click on one of them.
How to uninstall Scottomery.info
In case you have faced some difficulties during the removal, feel free to contact us in the comments section below and we will do our best to solve your problem. or SpeedCheckMe, You are welcome to use them! We do also provide you with the instructions for manual removal of Scottomery.info. In this case, the change made by the adware helper promotes various ads and pop-ups. Last, but not least, be careful with the pop-up notifications saying that you need to update software (Java, Flash Player, Media Player, etc.).
- Integrates into the web browser via the Scottomery.info browser extension
- Scottomery.info Connects to the internet without your permission
- Scottomery.info Shows commercial adverts
- Installs itself without permissions
- Common Scottomery.info behavior and some other text emplaining som info related to behavior
- Distributes itself through pay-per-install or is bundled with third-party software.
- Shows Fake Security Alerts, Pop-ups and Ads.
- Changes user's homepage
- Slows internet connection
- Redirect your browser to infected pages.
- Scottomery.info Deactivates Installed Security Software.
- Steals or uses your Confidential Data
Scottomery.info effected Windows OS versions
- Windows 8 23%
- Windows 7 23%
- Windows Vista 12%
- Windows XP 42%
Warning, multiple anti-virus scanners have detected possible malware in Scottomery.info.
|K7 AntiVirus||9.179.12403||Unwanted-Program ( 00454f261 )|
|VIPRE Antivirus||22702||Wajam (fs)|
Remove Scottomery.info from Windows
Remove Scottomery.info from Windows XP:
- Drag mouse cursor to the left of the Task Bar and click Start to open a menu.
- Open the Control Panel and double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- Remove the undesirable application.
Remove Scottomery.info from Windows Vista or Windows 7:
- Click the Start menu icon on the Task Bar and select Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program and locate the undesirable application
- Right-click the application you want to delete and select Uninstall.
Remove Scottomery.info from Windows 8:
- Right-click on the Metro UI screen, select All apps and then Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program and right-click the application you want to delete.
- Select Uninstall.
Remove Scottomery.info from Your Browsers
Remove Scottomery.info from Internet Explorer
- Go for Alt+T and click on Internet Options.
- In this section, move to the 'Advanced' tab and then click on the 'Reset' button.
- Navigate to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' → then to 'Delete personal settings' and press on 'Reset' option.
- After this, click on 'Close' and go for OK to have modifications saved.
- Click on the tabs Alt+T and go for Manage Add-ons. Move to Toolbars and Extensions and here, get rid of the unwanted extensions.
- Click on Search Providers and set any page as your new search tool.
Delete Scottomery.info from Mozilla Firefox
- As you have your browser opened, type in about:addons in the shown URL field.
- Move through Extensions and Addons list, delete the items having something in common with Scottomery.info (or those which you may find unfamiliar). If the extension is not provided by Mozilla, Google, Microsoft, Oracle or Adobe, you should be almost sure you have to erase it.
- Then, reset Firefox by doing this: move to Firefox ->Help (Help in menu for OSX users) -> Troubleshooting Information. Finally,Reset Firefox.
Terminate Scottomery.info from Chrome
- In the displayed URL field, type in chrome://extensions.
- Take a look at the provided extensions and take care of those which you find unnecessary (those related to Scottomery.info) by deleting it. If you do not know whether one or another must be deleted once and for all, disable some of them temporarily.
- Then, restart Chrome.
- Optionally, you may type in chrome://settings in URL bar, move to Advanced settings, navigate to the bottom and choose Reset browser settings.