What you should know about EZPackageTracking hijacker:
Have you noticed that your web browser’s homepage has been replaced by EZPackageTracking search site? Unfortunately, it may appear as your default search engine and homepage if you are not attentive enough when installing free software, such as various download managers, audio or video players, PDF creators and so on. It might also alter your default preferences for the browser it settles on, and for this reason, the search engine falls under the category of browser hijackers. There is a simple reason for that – they are all developed by the same company, which is notorious for the release of rogue software or rogueware. Unfortunately, the information gathered during the investigation of this hijacker has revealed that quite a few users have their operating system infected with it predominantly because they have never been adequately informed about the importance of virtual security.
EZPackageTracking virus is installed together with various video recording tools, players, PDF creators, etc. If you want to learn how to do it manually, follow the guide provided belwo this article. Second, you install a malicious software package that could bundle a number of malware infections together, including this threat. This way, you risk exposing your computer to various cyber threats and ending up with a virus on your computer. You should keep in mind that this website provides modified search results that can cause EZPackageTracking redirects to unreliable third-party websites. However, if EZPackageTracking managed to enter your computer, you should notice redirects to search.EZPackageTracking.com and other websites.
How can EZPackageTracking hijack my computer?
We do not recommend manual remove of EZPackageTracking virus because Considering that EZPackageTracking search results are made to trigger redirects to numerous third-party websites, we doubt that the functionality of these questionable “ads by EZPackageTracking” is different at any point. So, in order to avoid getting infected with more dangerous threats, you should run anti-virus software and eliminate browser hijacker from the system. In addition, you could spot the gsearch folder in %LOCALAPPDATA%, which the infection will create. And so EZPackageTracking This browser hijacker can be installed as well. However, if you have already installed this unwanted application to your computer, do not worry;
We have already indicated the fact that EZPackageTracking malware is usually spread bundled with free programs like download managers, media players, PDF creators, torrent files, file compression software, and so on. In most of the cases, it is presented as a privacy-protecting search engine. However, clicking on these images will only redirect you to a page like EZPackageTracking/conseil/sfr that contains a number of links in the related topic and, of course, a search box. If you do not want to risk infecting the computer with some dangerous piece of malware, you should not wait but remove EZPackageTracking from the PC as soon as you can. Such stealthy installation can be easily prevented by configuring the software installation settings at all times when you install new software on your system. In addition to the automatic virus elimination, you may choose the manual approach as well.
Learn how to remove EZPackageTracking browser hijacker from your computer:
Adware programs like EZPackageTracking cannot steal your personal information or destroy your system, but if you did not intend to have this application, why would you keep it? Browser hijackers usually take over browsers while users are downloading various freeware from the Internet. But it is still the same hijacker, of course. Your computer will be secured from any future malware attacks. Therefore, if you want to be on the safe side, you should delete EZPackageTracking using our removal instructions.
- Changes user's homepage
- Integrates into the web browser via the EZPackageTracking browser extension
- EZPackageTracking Deactivates Installed Security Software.
- EZPackageTracking Shows commercial adverts
- Distributes itself through pay-per-install or is bundled with third-party software.
- Steals or uses your Confidential Data
- Redirect your browser to infected pages.
- Slows internet connection
- Shows Fake Security Alerts, Pop-ups and Ads.
- Common EZPackageTracking behavior and some other text emplaining som info related to behavior
- EZPackageTracking Connects to the internet without your permission
- Installs itself without permissions
EZPackageTracking effected Windows OS versions
- Windows 8 27%
- Windows 7 32%
- Windows Vista 11%
- Windows XP 30%
Warning, multiple anti-virus scanners have detected possible malware in EZPackageTracking.
|K7 AntiVirus||9.179.12403||Unwanted-Program ( 00454f261 )|
|VIPRE Antivirus||22702||Wajam (fs)|
Remove EZPackageTracking from Windows
Remove EZPackageTracking from Windows XP:
- Drag mouse cursor to the left of the Task Bar and click Start to open a menu.
- Open the Control Panel and double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- Remove the undesirable application.
Remove EZPackageTracking from Windows Vista or Windows 7:
- Click the Start menu icon on the Task Bar and select Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program and locate the undesirable application
- Right-click the application you want to delete and select Uninstall.
Remove EZPackageTracking from Windows 8:
- Right-click on the Metro UI screen, select All apps and then Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program and right-click the application you want to delete.
- Select Uninstall.
Remove EZPackageTracking from Your Browsers
Remove EZPackageTracking from Internet Explorer
- Go for Alt+T and click on Internet Options.
- In this section, move to the 'Advanced' tab and then click on the 'Reset' button.
- Navigate to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' → then to 'Delete personal settings' and press on 'Reset' option.
- After this, click on 'Close' and go for OK to have modifications saved.
- Click on the tabs Alt+T and go for Manage Add-ons. Move to Toolbars and Extensions and here, get rid of the unwanted extensions.
- Click on Search Providers and set any page as your new search tool.
Delete EZPackageTracking from Mozilla Firefox
- As you have your browser opened, type in about:addons in the shown URL field.
- Move through Extensions and Addons list, delete the items having something in common with EZPackageTracking (or those which you may find unfamiliar). If the extension is not provided by Mozilla, Google, Microsoft, Oracle or Adobe, you should be almost sure you have to erase it.
- Then, reset Firefox by doing this: move to Firefox ->Help (Help in menu for OSX users) -> Troubleshooting Information. Finally,Reset Firefox.
Terminate EZPackageTracking from Chrome
- In the displayed URL field, type in chrome://extensions.
- Take a look at the provided extensions and take care of those which you find unnecessary (those related to EZPackageTracking) by deleting it. If you do not know whether one or another must be deleted once and for all, disable some of them temporarily.
- Then, restart Chrome.
- Optionally, you may type in chrome://settings in URL bar, move to Advanced settings, navigate to the bottom and choose Reset browser settings.