How can Top Eleven Search hijack my computer?
Top Eleven is a browser hijacker application, which is considered to be a potentially unwanted program (PUP). The application is brought to browsers by Freecause virus. Users should also know that it’s displayed ads could expose their computers to threats since the advertisements might originate from unknown third-party web pages. This report was created to help you understand this infection and learn more about its removal. Unfortunately, it is known that browsers hijackers can do that very quickly. This program may also cause continuous redirections to search.Top Eleven, display commercial ads and slow down the system. Besides, it can also collect data about the user and consume such data as people’s mostly visited websites, data that they enter when visiting them and even PC’s IP address.
If you don’t bother checking what programs you download to your computer, sooner or later Even though it can be downloaded from the Internet, it is seldom downloaded willingly. You can find it below this article. In addition, be sure you uncheck check boxes that agree with the installation of this search engine. If you want to prevent such infiltration, you should start monitoring installation of the freeware by selecting Custom or Advanced installation option. If you clean the shortcuts or change your browsers settings manually, this will not help. For the time being (until they remove the browser hijacker), users are stuck with this bogus search system.
How programs like these are distributed?
Most probably, you installed Top Eleven on your computer bundled with other free software. If you want to avoid getting your PC infected in such a way, you must take a few preventative steps. It is known that some of these commercials might be associated with bad web pages and you might be redirected to them. Even if you are used to using this search provider, you should not trust it when redirected to it by a strange hijacker because of the sponsored links that are likely to be attached. But we still recommend that you Top Eleven it, because it uses browser cookies to collect information about you and share it with third-party advertisers and other entities. Needless to say, interacting with these ads is dangerous because they might route you to potentially unreliable sites and they might expose you to malware installers. Double-click ‘Add/Remove Programs’
As we have mentioned, Top Eleven virus is not a useful program and the search engine it promotes is a specious one. You can do that by resetting your browsers or scanning your system with an automatic malware Top Elevenr, such as Anti-Malware Tool. Top Eleven can reroute you to websites full of malware and other infections. One might choose a manual removal only if she is computer literate enough because deleting of files without knowing about their functions might cause even more damage to computer. Check if there are any unfamiliar applications related to Top Eleven! Then these anti-malware programs, and while some of them are free, others can remove a virus only after purchasing them.
Top Eleven quick removal
We hope that the information we have given you in this short article was enlightening. Nevertheless, we do not recommend using it as it is bound to promote shady websites, since its prime purpose is to generate advertising revenue. It might cause harm to you even though it does not look dangerous. So do not hesitate to Top Eleven this seemingly legitimate web browser and get another one. If you have not done this and Top Eleven has already settled on your computer, use professional tools to remove it. You can refuse to install them by simply removing the tick near such proposals.
Top Eleven Behavior
- Steals or uses your Confidential Data
- Top Eleven Deactivates Installed Security Software.
- Integrates into the web browser via the Top Eleven browser extension
- Top Eleven Connects to the internet without your permission
- Distributes itself through pay-per-install or is bundled with third-party software.
- Top Eleven Shows commercial adverts
- Slows internet connection
- Changes user's homepage
- Installs itself without permissions
- Modifies Desktop and Browser Settings.
Top Eleven effected Windows OS versions
- Windows 8 24%
- Windows 7 33%
- Windows Vista 9%
- Windows XP 34%
Warning, multiple anti-virus scanners have detected possible malware in Top Eleven.
|VIPRE Antivirus||22702||Wajam (fs)|
|K7 AntiVirus||9.179.12403||Unwanted-Program ( 00454f261 )|
Top Eleven Geography
Remove Top Eleven from Windows
Remove Top Eleven from Windows XP:
- Drag mouse cursor to the left of the Task Bar and click Start to open a menu.
- Open the Control Panel and double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- Remove the undesirable application.
Remove Top Eleven from Windows Vista or Windows 7:
- Click the Start menu icon on the Task Bar and select Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program and locate the undesirable application
- Right-click the application you want to delete and select Uninstall.
Remove Top Eleven from Windows 8:
- Right-click on the Metro UI screen, select All apps and then Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program and right-click the application you want to delete.
- Select Uninstall.
Remove Top Eleven from Your Browsers
Remove Top Eleven from Internet Explorer
- Go for Alt+T and click on Internet Options.
- In this section, move to the 'Advanced' tab and then click on the 'Reset' button.
- Navigate to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' → then to 'Delete personal settings' and press on 'Reset' option.
- After this, click on 'Close' and go for OK to have modifications saved.
- Click on the tabs Alt+T and go for Manage Add-ons. Move to Toolbars and Extensions and here, get rid of the unwanted extensions.
- Click on Search Providers and set any page as your new search tool.
Delete Top Eleven from Mozilla Firefox
- As you have your browser opened, type in about:addons in the shown URL field.
- Move through Extensions and Addons list, delete the items having something in common with Top Eleven (or those which you may find unfamiliar). If the extension is not provided by Mozilla, Google, Microsoft, Oracle or Adobe, you should be almost sure you have to erase it.
- Then, reset Firefox by doing this: move to Firefox ->Help (Help in menu for OSX users) -> Troubleshooting Information. Finally,Reset Firefox.
Terminate Top Eleven from Chrome
- In the displayed URL field, type in chrome://extensions.
- Take a look at the provided extensions and take care of those which you find unnecessary (those related to Top Eleven) by deleting it. If you do not know whether one or another must be deleted once and for all, disable some of them temporarily.
- Then, restart Chrome.
- Optionally, you may type in chrome://settings in URL bar, move to Advanced settings, navigate to the bottom and choose Reset browser settings.